"Primitive, Beauitful and Unique Hoosier Landscape!" Indiana Dunes State Park by queensgirl
Indiana Dunes State Park Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 85 photos
The Park is 2,182 acres. It lies in porter County and includes more than 3 miles of Lake Michigans's south shore, all which provides a magnificent beach. 1800 acres are wooded and contain the most diversified flora and fauna of the Midwest. other areas are made up of sand hills.
The reason this place is empty is because it is in December. usually this is packed. Make sure you visit Heron Rookery, Pinhook Bog and Hobart Prarie Grove. The National Lakeshore is dedicated to Senator Douglas (1892-1976) for his efforts to preserve the Indiana Dunes.
The day that I go happens to be a cold day so of course it is empty out here. It still looks good though. These dunes are also good for climbing. Indiana dunes is close to Chicago it is about an one hour drive from there.
- Pros:Quiet, Peaceful, Pretty
- Cons:nothing else around it.
- In a nutshell:A Nice beach and park area in Indiana.
Ly-co-ki-we Trail is the only horse trail. The trail is open from mid- March to mid- December. There is no horse rental... more travel advice
queensgirl's Related Pages
Indiana Dunes State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Do the Dunes"
- "Primitive, Beauitful and Unique Hoosier Landscape!"
- "The Dunes"
- "Indiana Dunes"
- "Indiana's Dunes"
- "Yellow Sand and Azure Blue Lake"
- "There's a lot of sand here..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Indiana Dunes State Park
- Hotels in Indiana Dunes State Park
- Restaurants in Indiana Dunes State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Indiana Dunes State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Indiana Dunes State Park
- 10 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Indiana Dunes State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indiana Dunes State Park
Photos in Indiana Dunes State ParkSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 86 reviews, 24 photos
- New York City Intro, 77 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Intro, 47 reviews, 24 photos
- Saint Louis Intro, 37 reviews, 13 photos
- Victoria Falls Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 34 reviews, 8 photos
- Greater London Intro, 22 reviews, 19 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 20 reviews, 16 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.