"Very Nice Town is called the city of Violets!!" Tourette-sur-Loup by queensgirl

Tourette-sur-Loup Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 40 photos

Beautiful , Medieval City

They call this the city of violets because they violets in just about here. In ice cream, tea, liquor, syrup, candy, perfume and much more. The town is small quiet very peaceful. You can take long vacation and just relax , get away from everything. The architecture is straight from Medieval times, I love the restored stone houses and stores. The old wood doors were beautiful. I wanted to take one home for myself. If I lived in Paris or somewhere in Europe and wanted a vacation home out in country this town. This town would be on the top of list. This place is truly a hidden gem.

If you are in the South of France you must visit!

Here are some more pictures to show how pretty this town is. But to honest with you my pictures doesn't do it justice. You can do some shopping here for unique gifts like the olive wood bowls and trays, anything that has violet in it but you must try the violet ice cream it was actually good. Then you can sit down and at a cafe for the rest of the afternoon. But this is very small.

Very small but pretty town outside of Nice!!

We stayed for only a few hours because I was on a tour but I will love to come back here some day to stay longer. I guess they have a hotel there of course. But I love these little Medieval village though.

• Pros:Beautiful, Peaceful, Medieval
  • Cons:Nothing else is around it, very small.
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful city of Violets!!
  • Last visit to Tourette-sur-Loup: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 13, 2010

Comments

queensgirl

“It is always important to life to its fullest!!”

Badges & Stats in Tourette-sur-Loup

Have you been to Tourette-sur-Loup?

Latest Activity in Tourette-sur-Loup