"L'Aquila: My hometown" L'Aquila by mario_spring_83
L'Aquila Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 84 photos
L'Aquila: my hometown.
The legend says L'Aquila, situated at 720 m on sea level in the heart of the abruzzo region, was founded in the medieval era by the 99 lords of the castles around the valley where nowadays take place the town. For this reason you can usually listen to voices who say that in L'Aquila you can find 99 squares, 99 churches, 99 fountains..and so on. I've never tried to make a count but i can be sure that the tourist would have a lot of things to see and to do here.
In addition the town is in the heart of a wonderful region dominated by the nature: just few minutes by car you can reach the "gran sasso" that is the highest mountain group in the appennines when you can ski during the winter and trekking and climbing in the summer season.
Of course, though gran sasso is the most famous, there are a lot of other mountains as beautyful as it all around the district.
But abruzzo,the region where l'aquila is, is not only mountains but, surprise..., in 1 hour you can reach the adriatic sea with its beaches and is landscapes so near as distances but so far as views.
I want to tell you i can't say everything about l'aquila in this few lines but this page wants to be just a point to start your research.However for more details about all concerning the town and its region you can always let me know. I will do my best to give you an accurate answer
If you don't care about service and cleaness is the place for you! you can eat so much (and very well) spending so... more travel advice
The face of this church was builded in the XVI century while the inside belong to the XV cen. more travel advice
mario_spring_83's Related Pages
L'Aquila Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Somewhere in the middle of nowhere"
- "L'Aquila: My hometown"
- "the eagle city"
- "An Interesting Stopover From Sirolo to Gaeta"
- "a lighthouse to someone unable to find this town"
- "Mountain City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in L'Aquila
- Hotels in L'Aquila
- Transportation in L'Aquila
- Restaurants in L'Aquila
- Warnings and Dangers in L'Aquila
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in L'Aquila
- 12 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to L'Aquila?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in L'Aquila
Photos in L'AquilaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Verona Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lloret de Mar Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fitzroy Island Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Turku Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sardegna Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- L'Aquila Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues