"Weekend Retreat" Top 5 Page for this destination Julian by dbeatty
Julian Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 163 photos
I've been to Julian three times. Once with my husband and twice with my friends.
I live 1 1/2 hours away and I love the drive up. Once you leave the city you drive through rolling hills with cows, goats, sheep, horses. The landscape is beautiful. It's an easy drive.
Town is pretty small and closes up early. There is hiking, biking, fishing and exploring. There are lots of B&B's ranging from elegant to not so elegant, but book early and plan to spend at least two nights as most have a two night minimum.
I like to hike during the day, have a nice dinner in one of the restaurants in town and then, just for fun (and to walk off dinner) we walk around the old cemetary at night, ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, spooky!
- Pros:Close to home
- Cons:Not much night life
- In a nutshell:Quiet and Laid back
I've hiked this trail twice now, The Five Oaks Loop Trail on Volcan Mountain. It's a five mile round trip all up hill... more travel advice
dbeatty's Related Pages
Julian Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "eMtnMan's Guide to Julian, California"
- "JULIAN, CALIFORNIA APPLE COUNTRY"
- "An Apple Pie Vacation in Julian"
- "Weekend Retreat"
- "Julian, California"
- "An Apple A Day...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Julian
- Hotels in Julian
- Transportation in Julian
- Nightlife in Julian
- Restaurants in Julian
- Shopping in Julian
- Warnings and Dangers in Julian
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Julian
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Julian?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Julian
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Chipping Campden Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Saint Vincent Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bequia Island Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Carriacou Island Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Julian Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Barbados Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Grenada Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Isla Mujeres Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.