"About myself" feelthevibe's Profile

How it all began

I was born in Oldham, Lancashire, England on the 22nd July 1967. As a child I was always fascinated by books showing pictures of other countries around the world and always dreamed of visiting them as they were a far cry from the working class Mill Town in which I live.
Oldham being a Mill Town meant that cheap Labour from the Indian sub - continent was brought in to run the mills, firstly the Indians came along with Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. As a child I used to talk to these people who told me tales of Tigers, snakes, palm trees and the hot climates, this was more than i could believe.

My first foreign travel

At the tender age of 9 years old I visited relatives in London who had arranged a day trip to France during my stay. I know it was not the ends of the earth but when i arrived across the channel, different currency, different language and the different architecture was a million miles away from my Northern English Mill Town.
Since these early days i have visited Spain, Belgium, Greece, Holland, Germany, Canada, Usa, India and the Unted Arab Emirates.Looks like I caught the travel bug big time.

For the future

So many exciting places and not enough cash is a big problem, I tend to go for the less obvious choice of places to visit like Borneo, Tibet (but not untill this land is returned to its rightful owners). the top of my list would be Bora Bora in the South Pacific or the Andaman and Nicobar Islands off the coast of Thailand but owned by India o and maybe New Zealand would warrant a closer look

• Intro Updated May 20, 2004

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!