"Perth - Not as Bad as You Think!" Perth by Anarae

Perth Travel Guide: 2,295 reviews and 4,829 photos

As one of the few people in this city who aren't itching to leave (and not just for a weekend), it's great to stick up for it. Sure, Perth isn't big, exciting, overly historical or a popular destination. But it's nice for somewhere a bit quieter than the other Aussie capitals, yet big enough to still keep you entertained. Besides, Perth is the gateway to the rest of Western Australia, which has some of the best sites in the country. From deserts to beaches, bush to cities, it's hiding here somewhere!

I'm currently working on renovating my Perth pages, and hopefully will have all my favourite places (with photos!) up here soon. Please feel free to contact me with any questions about Perth, or WA in general, as I've seen most of it - and love it!

Perth's Local Quirks

One of the things I love most about travelling is learning about and experiencing all the little quirks that make up the local culture. And I also love the kitschy aspects of "Aussie culture" - the shearer's singlets, hills hoist clothes lines and plastic kangaroos. I'm currently creating a series of tips in "Off The Beaten Path" that point out some landmarks that probably won't appear in guidebooks, but are as well-known to Perth natives as any favoured tourist attraction. There's also a few "Aussie Quirks" tips that just point out little aspects of that kitsch culture I love!

• Intro Updated Jan 2, 2005

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2004 at 2:11 AM

Gr8 restaurant tips & a very interesting beginning on my original hometown. Be looking forward to any updates so please drop me an email when you do.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2004 at 12:52 AM

Great start, the "food for life" cafe sounds ideal. A friend of mine is travelling around OZ for a year & has just spent a month in this area.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2004 at 5:10 PM

So people pick on Perth huh? Now you know how I feel about Wagga too. ;) Nice page, I'd like to see more...

• May 17, 2004 at 11:49 PM

Great start..awaiting more.

• AndreSTGT's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2004 at 7:30 AM

Great budget tips so far! 6 Sushi for 4$??? Sounds like my kind of place.

• circeo's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2004 at 6:17 AM

Welcome to VT!!!Great start!!! :))) Greatings from i*t*a*L*y* ciaoooo ;)

Anarae

“Try everything once... except maxing out a credit card”

Badges & Stats in Perth