"East Coast Road Trip: Wagga Wagga" Top 5 Page for this destination Wagga Wagga by Anarae

Wagga Wagga Travel Guide: 115 reviews and 215 photos

East Coast Road Trip 2003: A whirlwind holiday from Brisbane to Sydney. See my Sydney page for the full story!

Brisbane - Surfers Paradise - (Byron Bay) - (Nimbin) - Coffs Harbour - (Taylors Arm) - (Port Macquarie) - Tamworth - Sydney - WAGGA WAGGA - Sydney

Wagga Wagga

Wagga is not exactly Australia's hippest town. It is in close proximity to several military bases (RAAF Wagga Wagga and Kapooka) and the town's major purpose seems to be as a watering hole for Air Force personnel! As we went to visit a friend in the Air Force our stay was pretty good. If you don't know anyone in Wagga, however, don't break your neck getting there.

• Last visit to Wagga Wagga: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated May 17, 2004

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2004 at 5:55 PM

Wagga isn't a bad place. Been there 4 times & each time I appreciate it a little more. For me as a surfer opening my mind to appreciate inland towns hasn't been that easy in the past.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2004 at 4:58 PM

Don't you have anything nice to say about Wagga? It's a fun place to live...you obviously didn't get to see the real Wagga. :( I've had many more good nights out here in Wagga than in Sydney or Melbourne. Can't compare to Perth though as I've never been.

Anarae

“Try everything once... except maxing out a credit card”

Badges & Stats in Wagga Wagga

Have you been to Wagga Wagga?

Latest Activity in Wagga Wagga