"Nafplio, a dream-like place..." Top 5 Page for this destination Nafplio by siaki68
Nafplio Travel Guide: 228 reviews and 639 photos
Once upon a time, about 3000 years ago, the great king Danaos and his 50 daughters left Egypt and came to Argos. One day, Amimoni, one of his daughters, took her bow and went to hunt deer. During the hunter she missed and instead of throwing her arrow to a deer, she threw it to a Satyr. The Satyr was not hurt but he fell in love with the beautiful Amimoni and tried to rape her. Amimoni started to scream and then, Poseidon, the god of sea, jumped out of the waves and saved her. Amimoni followed Poseidon into the sea and they became lovers. From their love one son, Nafplios, was born. But the waves carried away Amimoni and the newborn child to the island of Evia. When Nafplios grew up, he had the desire to visit the place where his mother met his father. He found the places and he liked it so much that he decided to build a town: the town of Nafplio..
One of the most interesting Greek museums. Established in 1974, it was rewarded in 1981 with the European prize. In the... more travel advice
The fortifications of Palamidi were completed in 3 years (1711-1714.) Grimani made the initial plans, but Agostino... more travel advice
siaki68's Related Pages
Nafplio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nafplio, a dream-like place..."
- "The Romance of Peloponessos!"
- "Simply Unforgettable....."
- "Medieval town by the coast"
- "Nafplio - a city with three fortresses"
- "4 days in Nafplio"
- "LOVELY SEASIDE TOWN OF NAFPLIO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nafplio
- Hotels in Nafplio
- Transportation in Nafplio
- Nightlife in Nafplio
- Restaurants in Nafplio
- Shopping in Nafplio
- Warnings and Dangers in Nafplio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nafplio
- 21 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Nafplio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nafplio
Photos in NafplioSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Damascus Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Aleppo Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nafplio Intro, 21 reviews, 8 photos
- Hamah Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kastoria Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Kandy Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Palmyra Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mirissa South Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
Latest Nafplio hotel reviews
- Amphitryon Hotel
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 11, 2013