"Welcome!!" siaki68's Profile
"Travels and dreams were the greatest benefactors of my life…"
- N.Kazantzakis -
-The call for the morning prayer (Damascus, Syria)
-The feeling of the wet sand under my bare feet (Bodhi tree temple, Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka)
-A hot chocolate in a coffeehouse near Amstel a rainy day (Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
-Sunrise in Wadi Rum (Jordan)
-Boating with the fog coming down (Prespes lake, Greece)
-Soaking up the sun (Byblos, Lebanon)
-Lighting a candle in The Varlaam monastery (Meteora, Greece)
… and the moments are yet to come, because: “the most beautiful island is the one we haven’t discovered yet…”
As you set off to Ithaca
wish your road is a long one,
full of adventure, full of knowledge.
the angry Poseidon - don't be afraid of them:
you'll never find them on your way
as long as your thoughts are great,
as long as a rare excitement
touches your spirit and your body.
the wild Poseidon – you’ll never encounter them
unless you carry them inside your soul,
unless your soul bring them up in front of you.
Wish your road is a long one.
May there be many summer mornings when,
filled with pleasure and joy,
you enter harbours seeing for the first time;
Stop at Phoenician stores
to get the fine articles,
mother of pearl and coral, amber and ebony,
sensual spices of every kind -
as many sensual spices as you can;
Go to many Egyptian cities
to learn from their scholars.
Always keep Ithaca in your mind.
Arriving there is your destiny.
But don't hurry the journey at all.
Better if it lasts for many years,
so you're old by the time you drop your anchor at the island,
rich with all you've gained on the way,
not expecting Ithaca to give you wealth.
Ithaca gave you the nice voyage.
Without her you wouldn't have set out.
She has nothing more to give you.
And if you find her poor, Ithaca has not deceived you.
Wise as you have become, so full of experience,
you'll have realise by now what an Ithaca means.
"Nature does nothing uselessly..."
- Aristotelis -
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair..."
- Kahlil Gibran -
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it..."
- Confucius -
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools..."
- Martin Luther King -
..and last, but not least, Psipsinos!!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 112 Reviews
- 131 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- siaki68 and dsantosh are now friends.
- Commented on Salah1's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome!!"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome!!"
- Wrote a Review Excellent food!! in Tissamaharama Hotels
- created a Tissamaharama Travel Page "Tissa"
- Posted in Travel Greece Forum "RE: RE: Place to stay in or..."
Top 10 Pages
- Damascus Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Aleppo Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nafplio Intro, 21 reviews, 8 photos
- Hamah Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kastoria Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Kandy Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Palmyra Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mirissa South Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos