"aka RIPBUM" Terrace by isabelydancer00
Terrace Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 63 photos
Terrace BC is 140km drive east on hwy 16 along the Skeena River - BC's second longest river. Along the way you'll enjoy spectacular mountain scenery, waterfalls and many types of wildlife. Keep your eyes peeled for black bears, fox, wolves, eagles, deer, mountain goat. There are lots of places to stop and go fishing. Closer to PR, you'll see big white and orange steel towers. Over 20 years ago, cars used to drive through one until the new hwy was built beside it. We called it, "The Wishing Tower" - as you drove through you'd lift your feet, close your eyes, make a wish and put your feet down once the car reached the other side. (I got my wish~you'll never believe what it was!!!) Winter driving can be hazardous - the rain pelts hard and the snow creates white out areas and there are a few alvalanche awareness road signs. A safer option for travel in winter would be VIA Rail.
- Pros:farmer's market, Riverboat days, very warm dry weather, lovely smell of alder trees, horses!!! my Joseph (greatest hairdresser there is - works in the Best Western Inn)
- Cons:brrrr - snowy winters and treacherous highways - take care!
- In a nutshell:It's a nice little getaway from Pr Rupert!
isabelydancer00's Related Pages
Terrace Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Wilds of Terrace, BC"
- "My hometown Terrace"
- "Terrace, down to the core."
- "aka RIPBUM"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Terrace
- Hotels in Terrace
- Transportation in Terrace
- Restaurants in Terrace
- Warnings and Dangers in Terrace
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Terrace
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Terrace?Share Your Travels
No friends yet.