Karlstad Favorite Tips by Rojo72 Top 5 Page for this destination
Karlstad Favorites: 13 reviews and 12 photos
Me at Skutberget in April 2005
Favorite thing: Karlstad isn't the largest city in Sweden, far from it even so if you come here it's not to rush by everything. Granted that there are quite a lot of nice pubs and nightclubs but during the day you should let the day have it's own pace. If it's nice weather I recommend you going to Skutberget and just sit and relax. Bring a disposable barbeque and have something to eat. If you come here by bike you might even have a beer out there (remember to buy at Systembolaget and put the bag in the water to cool the beer).
Enjoy yourself, relax!
The tourist information office
Favorite thing: The tourist Information Office in Karlstad is unfortunately not placed in the middle of the city center. It's instead in the Library, on Västra Torggatan, opposite the Värmland's museum. That's merely a 200-300 metres north of the square though. The easiest way to find it from the Square is to stand with you nose pointing north, with the yellow courthouse just of your left hand and take the street straight ahead for about 300 meters, there you'll find the library. On the way you'll pass the mobile office described here below...
There is during the summer months a mobile tourist office opened in the Square, the hut where they lend the bikes (see tranportation tip) is also a tourist office. This is much more easily reached and has almost equally good service.
Favorite thing: It could be a good idea to keep the opening hours on clubs and pubs in mind when planning a night on the town.
The pubs typically close at 1 AM and the clubs (which is all the places where there is a dance floor) at 2 AM. No clubs are open any later.
More Reviews (68)
- Re-use of graves
- See All Grave yards
- See All Things you wouldn't expect to see...
- See All Drottninggatan
- See All Nudist beaches
Rojo72's Related Pages
Karlstad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karlstad - the town in my heart"
- "Värmland, central Sweden in the middle of nature"
- "Karlstad - a pretty and nice town!"
- "Vitalis's new Karlstad Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlstad
- Hotels in Karlstad
- Transportation in Karlstad
- Nightlife in Karlstad
- Restaurants in Karlstad
- Shopping in Karlstad
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlstad
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mackenzie State Park Hotels
- Tuolumne Hotels
- Arhbalou Hotels
- Windermere Hotels
- Provincia de Cabo Delgado
Badges & Stats in Karlstad
- 71 Reviews
- 95 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Karlstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlstad
Photos in KarlstadSee All Photos (95)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad Intro, 71 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Ko Samet Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Piteå Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos