"Welcome to the city where I was born!" Oskarshamn by Rojo72
Oskarshamn Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 10 photos
Small town charm!
Oskarshamn is a small city/municipality of 27000 inhabitants in southern Sweden, in the Småland district, county of Kalmar Län. It's situated right next to the Baltic Sea,on the mainland just about as the same height as the nortern tip of Öland Island in the Baltic sea.
Go to the countryside!
If you visit Oskarshamn and have some time on your hands you definately should rent a car and visit the rural areas around the city. If you go only maybe 5-7 km from the centre of the city you will be right in the middle of rural, agricultural areas, with small farms, cottages and small fields surrounded by brick walls or the very common log fencings.
In the picture beside here you can see the croft "Solbergatorpet" where my grand parents used to live for quite a lot of years.
- Pros:Small city -friendly city
- Cons:Small city - not a lot of nightlife
There are many archeological remnants in Oskarshamn. Just the other day I went to see the rock carvings/petroglyphs... more travel advice
Stensjö village is the only totally unchanged village in southern Sweden. There were three different rual changeovers in... more travel advice
Rojo72's Related Pages
Oskarshamn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to the city where I was born!"
- "Oskarshamn and Rönnö(island)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oskarshamn
- Hotels in Oskarshamn
- Transportation in Oskarshamn
- Nightlife in Oskarshamn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oskarshamn
- 8 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Oskarshamn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oskarshamn
Photos in OskarshamnSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad Intro, 71 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Ko Samet Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Piteå Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos