Piteå Off The Beaten Path Tips by Rojo72
Piteå Off The Beaten Path: 5 reviews and 5 photos
Långträsk "7-11" :)
We knew that there wasn't going to be much to see in Långträsk...but that it was SO small we didn't know. This is the store we found there. We bought a can of coke and went back. Now THAT's real northern mentality!
Långträsk is situated halfway between Piteå and Arjeplog along road 373 btw!
Reindeer by the road
Me and my sister was out on a tour by car and saw a sign "Långträsk" (Which means long swamp in swedish, but "long sea" in some Sami language) and we thought "Let's go there!". It was a ride of maybe 70 km by car and the road itself wasn't very funny but we enjoyed it for the fun of it all.
At one time we came across some rein-deer which might by fun to see for a foreigner. Jsut beware the risk of bumping into them... people flashing their headlights at you in this region probably don't want to warn you about police controls, but rather of reindeer on the road....
Mind you that there is rather little snow in this picture....there were places with much more along the way. And this was in late April 2005...
More Reviews (6)
Rojo72's Related Pages
Piteå Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pittoresque little town in northern Sweden"
- "Piggelin's Piteå Page"
- "Popular and charming summer town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Piteå
- Transportation in Piteå
- Restaurants in Piteå
- Warnings and Dangers in Piteå
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Piteå
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Piteå?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piteå
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad Intro, 71 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Ko Samet Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Piteå Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos