"Pittoresque little town in northern Sweden" Piteň by Rojo72
Piteň Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 20 photos
Piteň, a city of about 45.000 inhabitants is situated in northern Sweden, where the great river Piteńlven joins the Gulf of Bothnia. It's south of the northern polar circle so there's no midnight sun there, but the sun just barely sets for a short time during summer. When I went there in April 2005 the sun went up at about 5 and set at about 10 in the evening.
Piteň is the place where my sister and her fiancÚ lives (and where he has been living for most of his life). It's a great place for summer are well as winter activites as there is a well-known beach in Piteň called Pite havsbad, which some years actually has the highest water temperatures in Sweden even though it's so far north.
When you go here you really should have a car to go around in the wild surroundings and enjoy the scenery.
My best tip is actually situated in the "neighbouring" municipality (100 km away), The great whitewater rapid "Storforsen" in Piteńlv. The rapid lies in the ─lvsbyn municipality.
I actually went here to celebrate my sister's fiancÚs 30th birthday but I think I won't have the guts to put THOSE pics online :p
Max hamburger restaurant chain is a swedish chain that originated up here in the north but which now is in place ratehr... more travel advice
Piteň is in sami country, at least when you go from the coast and inland. The sami usually let their cattle stay in the... more travel advice
Rojo72's Related Pages
Piteň Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pittoresque little town in northern Sweden"
- "Piggelin's Piteň Page"
- "Popular and charming summer town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Piteň
- Transportation in Piteň
- Restaurants in Piteň
- Warnings and Dangers in Piteň
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Piteň
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Piteň?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piteň
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad Intro, 71 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Ko Samet Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Piteň Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos