"Caen - war memories" Caen by Rojo72
Caen Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 397 photos
When I studied at the University of Karlstad a three weeks stay in Caen was mandatory during the 2nd term french class. We stayed in families and studied at CEE, Centre des Etudes Européennes.
I had a nice time there, but the study part was horrible :). I can't say that I remember all that much from Caen, more than that it was the set for huge fights during the liberation of France in 1944. Still there are some nice buildings and sights to see. I would definately recommend anyone visiting Normandy to pay some attention to Caen too.
- In a nutshell:The heart of D-day excursions
The men's monastery, just next to the Mayors office is a must when you're in town. more travel advice
Rojo72's Related Pages
Caen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "William The Conquerer is here"
- "Caen, 'the battlefield'"
- "Caen in Normandy"
- "A Very Old City with a Modern Dress"
- "Caen -- Sword & Juno Beaches"
- "A Caened Taste of Western France"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caen
- Hotels in Caen
- Transportation in Caen
- Nightlife in Caen
- Restaurants in Caen
- Shopping in Caen
- Warnings and Dangers in Caen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caen
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Caen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad Intro, 71 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Glasgow Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Ko Samet Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Piteå Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos