"sea, mountains and traffic jam" Top 5 Page for this destination Haiti by dunearn20

Haiti Travel Guide: 330 reviews and 825 photos

Living here

Arrived in Haiti / Port-au-Prince / Petionville in September 2004, will stay here for several years with one of the UN agencies.
Here the view of the terrasse of the Hotel Oloffson.
It is a very nice country, I like it here.
You can also have a look at my travelogue on Haiti or see much more photos on my external website.

Places

In front of the church one sunday morning, people sell candy and it is a peaceful atmosphere.

country life

Completely different is life in the rural areas. Here a small village in the mountains 2500 m high (Furci)

• Pros:in general very nice people
  • Cons:But security is still a major concern
  • Last visit to Haiti: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 21, 2005

• Apr 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM

hey! how about cheap hostels or any other cheap accomodations? Also I am planning to come in May and participate in the voodo culture. How open is that and where in particular?

• ellielou's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2008 at 8:52 PM

possibility that I'll be heading to Haiti in October--you've provided a nice overview to the country...

• ladyanne's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Hi, I went to Haiti in March 2007 and will return again in March 2008. Where was the photo taken of the mountain village?Tthe area my mission is in is Terrier Rouge, and the Troup de Nord mountains. Thanks for your photos. *grin*

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 5:16 AM

Interesting page about Haiti. Greetings.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 11:52 PM

Great insight into Haiti, thanks for sharing and happy new year!

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2006 at 2:53 PM

Loved your Haiti Pages. Made me homesick to go back. Have you ever gone to a concert in Salle Ste. Cecile at Ecole Ste. Trinite? Just wondered if the orchestra is as good as it used to be.

• lichinga's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2006 at 9:52 AM

Great mountains: I had no idea about that!

• Jan 28, 2006 at 12:59 AM

Hi there, we are a couple that might be posted in Haiti ( P a P) with an INGO. We know you have been there for a while and would like to hear what is the current security situation. Do's and Dont's. Any details would be very helpful!!! Thanks in advance.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2005 at 12:04 PM

A very nice page of a country realy off the beaten track. I would like to visit. Please add more!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2005 at 5:13 PM

My brother runs a clinic in Haiti several hours from Port-au-Prince. Your photos show me a new side of Haiti--THANKS! I admire you for your work.

Badges & Stats in Haiti