"my life in a nutshell" zephyrgurl108's Profile

when i was a kid...

my grandmother, upon seeing the three moles on my right foot, said "paglaki mo, lakwatsera ka. (when you grow up, you will go places)."
we moved a lot when i was a kid, we lived in bambang (manila), malabon, marikina, novaliches and then when i was in college, studied in mountainous baguio, which is 6 hrs away from manila.

kia ora new zealand!

fast forward to 1998, when i was 23, the whole family decided to pack up and go to new zealand. stayed there for a year. that constitutes my first taste of life outside las islas filipinas.

haribol! give me more!

in 2000, i started delving into yoga and meditation. i learned so many things and im still learning now. i try to apply the lessons i learn in my life. in the process, ive become a vegetarian, led a more simple and balanced life. also, the people ive met along this path are just simply awe inspiring and im humbled by their examples and their lives.
wanna know more? www.purebhakti.com

ni hao china!

may 14, 2004, the kid with the three moles on her foot, goes out of las islas filipinas again and sets out for china on a work assignment. reminder for vegetarians, call the airline at least 3 days ahead of your flight so they can prepare your own food.

hong kong, live it love it!

after dongguan, i stayed for a month (june to july) in hong kong for another project. one thing i learned, even if you're not a shopper, you will be when you're in hk. check out the esprit outlet near the hk space museum, there's big sale all year round. shirts cost from HKD29 up, pants at HKD100 up.

a year in china

on august 26, 2004, i flew to china once more, this time on permanent work assignment.
and the story continues...

and the journey continues...

i do not know where else my feet will take me. so far, i never planned the travels i did. all i know is where ever i am is where im meant to be.

and then she got married!

who would've thought i'd find THE guy while i'm doing a stint here in china. anyhow, on april 29th 2007, i officially became Mrs. Baquet. James, aka shenzhen's laughingbuddha, and i have had parties in HK (where we tied the knot), in Shenzhen, and in the Philippines. Next stops, Japan and the US. this is definitely a new chapter in my life.

• Intro Updated Jun 13, 2007

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!