"my life in a nutshell" zephyrgurl108's Profile
my grandmother, upon seeing the three moles on my right foot, said "paglaki mo, lakwatsera ka. (when you grow up, you will go places)."
we moved a lot when i was a kid, we lived in bambang (manila), malabon, marikina, novaliches and then when i was in college, studied in mountainous baguio, which is 6 hrs away from manila.
fast forward to 1998, when i was 23, the whole family decided to pack up and go to new zealand. stayed there for a year. that constitutes my first taste of life outside las islas filipinas.
in 2000, i started delving into yoga and meditation. i learned so many things and im still learning now. i try to apply the lessons i learn in my life. in the process, ive become a vegetarian, led a more simple and balanced life. also, the people ive met along this path are just simply awe inspiring and im humbled by their examples and their lives.
wanna know more? www.purebhakti.com
may 14, 2004, the kid with the three moles on her foot, goes out of las islas filipinas again and sets out for china on a work assignment. reminder for vegetarians, call the airline at least 3 days ahead of your flight so they can prepare your own food.
after dongguan, i stayed for a month (june to july) in hong kong for another project. one thing i learned, even if you're not a shopper, you will be when you're in hk. check out the esprit outlet near the hk space museum, there's big sale all year round. shirts cost from HKD29 up, pants at HKD100 up.
on august 26, 2004, i flew to china once more, this time on permanent work assignment.
and the story continues...
i do not know where else my feet will take me. so far, i never planned the travels i did. all i know is where ever i am is where im meant to be.
who would've thought i'd find THE guy while i'm doing a stint here in china. anyhow, on april 29th 2007, i officially became Mrs. Baquet. James, aka shenzhen's laughingbuddha, and i have had parties in HK (where we tied the knot), in Shenzhen, and in the Philippines. Next stops, Japan and the US. this is definitely a new chapter in my life.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 188 Reviews
- 493 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- zephyrgurl108 and THLIN are now friends.
- Commented on THLIN's profile page
- Posted in Travel Philippines Forum "Re: VT Manila Christmas Party"
- Wrote a Review comprehensive indian menu in Shenzhen Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Enlightening Meals"
- created a Province of Pampanga Travel Page "province of pampanga"
updated their Profile Page "my life in a nutshell"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shenzhen Intro, 71 reviews, 149 photos, 5 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 24 reviews, 76 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- City of Manila Intro, 38 reviews, 32 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos
- Baguio City Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos
- Dongguan Intro, 3 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Province of Pangasinan Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Guangzhou Intro, 1 review, 4 photos