"The Sun Also Sets" Santorini Island by sieffron
Santorini Island Travel Guide: 1,603 reviews and 5,129 photos
Santorini is a beautiful island, uniquely shaped by volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. The western side of the island overlooks a caldera that's been filled in with ocean water. Most of Santorini's towns sit atop cliffs that plunge into the ocean, giving visitors a birds-eye view of the sun setting over the horizon.
Santorini is also known as one of the more chic Mediterranean destinations and is priced accordingly. However, budget travelers can still survive here for at least the two or three days necessary to soak up the island's essentials.
Although it has black sand beaches, Santorini is not the ideal spot for sun worshippers. As you might imagine, black sand gets EXTREMELY HOT beneath the summer sun, making for a precarious tanning experience. All you really need to do is head for Oia, order a drink, and watch the sun set and you'll be plenty satisfied with your time on Santorini.
- Pros:beautiful views, lots of charm
- Cons:expensive for budget travelers, BORING after two days
- In a nutshell:Decent place to recuperate from a bender on Ios.
Santorini must be a real geological oddity. It's amazing the way the island just pops out of the ocean, with incredibly... more travel advice
Santorini's got some pretty cool looking buildings. This is a structure in Fira and it definitely stands apart from the... more travel advice
sieffron's Related Pages
Santorini Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Awarded FIRST Most Beautiful Island for 2011!"
- "SMALL ISLAND - BIG WOW !!!!"
- "Cycladean Splendour"
- "Sunshine and Sunset in Santorini"
- "The spirit of Love!"
- "Santorini – A photographer’s dream"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santorini Island
- Hotels in Santorini Island
- Transportation in Santorini Island
- Nightlife in Santorini Island
- Restaurants in Santorini Island
- Shopping in Santorini Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Santorini Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santorini Island
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Santorini Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santorini Island
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hoi An Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos
- Ha Long Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goreme Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Gura Humorului Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Judetul Maramures Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Samaria Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Phu Quoc Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Mykonos Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
Latest Santorini Island hotel reviews
- Santorini Princess
- 367 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Scorpios Beach Hotel
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2012
- Villa Ilias
- 307 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Hotel Eleftheria
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 3, 2012
- Marybill Hotel Santorini
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 11, 2012
- Astarte Suites
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Stelios Place
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Theoxenia Hotel Santorini
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Vedema Resort
- 186 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 22, 2013
- Hotel Mathios Village
- 314 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Panorama Hotel
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Gardenia Hotel Santorini
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2012
- Sea of Aegeon
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 20, 2011
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2012
- Zorzis Hotel
- 277 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013