"That George Bernard Shaw Dude Was on to Something" Hvar by sieffron
Hvar Travel Guide: 377 reviews and 1,015 photos
Hvar is a rugged and beautiful island not far off the Dalmatian coast from Split. You won't find any smooth, perlite-quality sand here - maybe a flat rock to lay on if you're lucky - but what makes the island so special is the presence of Hvar Town, built out of limestone, with terra cotta roofs and centuries-old Venetian architecture. The fact that you'll probably see nary a cloud during a summer visit while you dine on Adriatic seafood and swim in crisp, clear ocean water adds significantly to Hvar's allure.
- Pros:Beautiful weather in summer, great food and drink, charming Hvar Town
- Cons:big pebble beaches and large rocks provide only sunbathing options
- In a nutshell:If you go to Dalmatia, this island is not to be missed, even if you can only make a day trip from Split.
Hvar Town's harbor are is a great place to while away a few afternoon hours. You can eat gelato, drink beer, stare at... more travel advice
Hvar Town's pebble beach gets pretty crowded, so if you wanna take in the intense Dalmatian sun in a more relaxing... more travel advice
sieffron's Related Pages
Hvar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island full of hidden gems"
- "Hvar - holiday h'ven"
- "Hvar, Croatia"
- "The Island of Hvar"
- "Beautiful Havar"
- "Holiday 2008 Summer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hvar
- Hotels in Hvar
- Transportation in Hvar
- Nightlife in Hvar
- Restaurants in Hvar
- Shopping in Hvar
- Warnings and Dangers in Hvar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hvar
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Hvar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hvar
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hoi An Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos
- Ha Long Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goreme Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gura Humorului Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Judetul Maramures Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Samaria Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Phu Quoc Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Mykonos Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos