"Cleveland - The Mistake on the lake" Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland by kdoc13

Cleveland Travel Guide: 615 reviews and 950 photos

Welcome to America's North Coast

No kidding, at one time the Cuyahoga River caught on fire due to all of the junk floating around in it. Cleveland has long since cleaned up its act though, and is actually a pretty cool place to live, work and visit. I know, I used to live there, and must travel there frequently for work. If you were there in the 80's, everything you know about the place has changed. It is actually the most fun city in Ohio. Trust me, it beats Cincinnati and Columbus easily. Why you ask? Well, there is actually stuff to do in Cleveland!

Places to go, people to see.

Surprisingly, Cleveland has tons of things to do. I like to think of it as Manhattan, but with friendlier people and more open space. The building in the picture to side here is Tower City, a great place to shop. Like Boats, visit the U.S.S. Cod down by the water (no, I am not making that name up.) Some of the best Italian food can be found in Little Italy, the same can be said of Cleveland's Chinatown for Chinese. And if you like perogies, you simply must visit either Parma or the slavic village.

The sports, museum, theater, and other tourist staples are listed in my reports, feel free to browse them for any information you need. Also, the website http://www.travelcleveland.com/ is a very helpful source of information for anything Cleveland.

A beautiful city

The image to the left is of Severance Hall in University Circle. It is a very cool building and home to one of the world's best orchestras. I don't have much to say in this part, but I really wanted to include this picture. It is easy to think of Cleveland as the dirty steel town, but this is how I think of it. It has a lot of beauty and a lot of charm.

• Pros:It's a city full of fun and excitement again.
  • Cons:It's like being at the north pole in the winter, better know how to drive in snow!
  • In a nutshell:As the saying goes, Cleveland, the best location in the nation!
  • Last visit to Cleveland: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated May 20, 2004

• yellowbell's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2008 at 9:55 AM

Useful tips on Cleveland, interesting trivia about the Severance Hall. I'll stay away from Hale Farm even if I'm a good witch!! Cheers, Jing

• chauncenetta's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2005 at 7:06 AM

Cleveland Museum of Art is first rate, one of the best in the world, and it's FREE. That was the stipulation of the philanthropic founders. The armor room is stellar, I agree.

• May 27, 2004 at 5:25 PM

Good page, Kevin!! The Flats should be in your warnings/dangers, though!! ICK!! ;~) Jen

• erikatheskysailor's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2004 at 8:49 PM

Hey there! Great page about my hometown you've got coming along here! :) Good photos with your tips too. I love your enthusiasm for CLE; *definately* the best city in Ohio! :)

kdoc13

“Just because you are American doesn't make you better than the locals”

Badges & Stats in Cleveland

Have you been to Cleveland?

Latest Activity in Cleveland