"Cleveland - The Mistake on the lake" Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland by kdoc13
Cleveland Travel Guide: 615 reviews and 950 photos
No kidding, at one time the Cuyahoga River caught on fire due to all of the junk floating around in it. Cleveland has long since cleaned up its act though, and is actually a pretty cool place to live, work and visit. I know, I used to live there, and must travel there frequently for work. If you were there in the 80's, everything you know about the place has changed. It is actually the most fun city in Ohio. Trust me, it beats Cincinnati and Columbus easily. Why you ask? Well, there is actually stuff to do in Cleveland!
Surprisingly, Cleveland has tons of things to do. I like to think of it as Manhattan, but with friendlier people and more open space. The building in the picture to side here is Tower City, a great place to shop. Like Boats, visit the U.S.S. Cod down by the water (no, I am not making that name up.) Some of the best Italian food can be found in Little Italy, the same can be said of Cleveland's Chinatown for Chinese. And if you like perogies, you simply must visit either Parma or the slavic village.
The sports, museum, theater, and other tourist staples are listed in my reports, feel free to browse them for any information you need. Also, the website http://www.travelcleveland.com/ is a very helpful source of information for anything Cleveland.
The image to the left is of Severance Hall in University Circle. It is a very cool building and home to one of the world's best orchestras. I don't have much to say in this part, but I really wanted to include this picture. It is easy to think of Cleveland as the dirty steel town, but this is how I think of it. It has a lot of beauty and a lot of charm.
- Pros:It's a city full of fun and excitement again.
- Cons:It's like being at the north pole in the winter, better know how to drive in snow!
- In a nutshell:As the saying goes, Cleveland, the best location in the nation!
Snow in the north can be a beautiful thing. Now that I am without it, I really do miss it. That being said, the areas... more travel advice
Indoor Soccer is pretty cool. It is fast paced, and the scoring is more frequent than in outdoor soccer. It has been a... more travel advice
kdoc13's Related Pages
Cleveland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cleveland Rocks!"
- "Mistake on the Lake? You be the Judge!"
- "Cleveland - The Mistake on the lake"
- "95 Years of Cleveland"
- "The Cleveland You've Never Seen"
- "Open air entrepreneurship"
- "A City by the Lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cleveland
- Hotels in Cleveland
- Transportation in Cleveland
- Nightlife in Cleveland
- Restaurants in Cleveland
- Shopping in Cleveland
- Warnings and Dangers in Cleveland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cleveland
- 21 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Cleveland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cleveland
Photos in ClevelandSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 59 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 53 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dayton Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Cincinnati Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canton Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'anmunjom-ni Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- North Canton Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos