"Canton Ohio - A Hall of Fame City" Top 5 Page for this destination Canton by kdoc13

Canton Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 55 photos

Welcome to Canton

Canton Ohio, the place that brought you Jeffrey Dahmer, Marilyn Manson, and Macy Gray. Yep 3 of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse come from my hometown! Despite this, Canton is a lovely little town with a nice history and surprisingly a lot to do for a town of its size.

Plus, it is close to Cleveland and Akron if you are looking to do something which can't be found in Canton.

What to See and What To Do?

The most obvious tourist attraction in Canton is the Pro-Footaball Hall of Fame. Great for the football fans, not so great for the others. But this being a city with other things to do, you are not forgotten!

The Belden Village Mall area has a lot of the local nightlife and shopping, the kids will enjoy the parks area near the hall of fame and McKinley Monuments, plus the Monument sits next door to a childrens museum which is a great place for kiddies to learn and play! For car buffs, there is the Canton Classic Car museum, and there are a lot of outdoor activities like canoeing to be had within a few miles of downtown.

The feel of the city

Canton is a small town, don't get me wrong, but there are some great things which most big cities will never have that Canton does. Even a movie there can be a treat if seeing it at the Palace Theatre. I used to love to go to the palace just to watch the ceiling. The clouds on the mural on the ceiling actually move! How cool is that?

There is a lot of golf to be had in Canton. One of the luxuries of a lot of open space. And you are very close to the Menonite country and just a trip through the country can be breathtaking.

• Pros:Very Friendly, Very Close to Cleveland and other areas.
  • Cons:Just not as much to do as when you are Cleveland.
  • In a nutshell:A great place to live and work, not very touristy.
  • Last visit to Canton: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated May 21, 2004

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Boy I love the Football Hall of Fame! Everytime I have been there I have been able to meet teams and once Bart Starr. Really need to plan a trip back soon.

• Nov 4, 2006 at 8:38 AM

As long as I can remember there has never been a J.C. Penny store in the Belden Village Mall (not called Westfield Belden Village). Macy's is the other anchor store.

• Sep 5, 2005 at 8:19 PM

Hey I wanted to thank you for your virtual tour. I currently live in Toledo and am planning a move to Canton area and your pages were very informative, I would like to see more pics of the town know where I could find it?~Misty19751993@yahoo.com

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2005 at 8:11 PM

great pages and nice tips. can just see you growing up here! : )

• firechick's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2005 at 6:16 AM

I am pretty sure I will never be in Canton Ohio (never say never though), but I really have to say I admire what you've done for your hometown! Good job !

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2005 at 1:33 PM

I thought this was Canton, Mass...

• Voyageuse30's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2004 at 4:32 AM

Interesting page on Canton... it's my hometown too! I grew up just blocks away from the Hall of Fame.

kdoc13

“Just because you are American doesn't make you better than the locals”

Badges & Stats in Canton