"Canton Ohio - A Hall of Fame City" Top 5 Page for this destination Canton by kdoc13
Canton Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 55 photos
Canton Ohio, the place that brought you Jeffrey Dahmer, Marilyn Manson, and Macy Gray. Yep 3 of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse come from my hometown! Despite this, Canton is a lovely little town with a nice history and surprisingly a lot to do for a town of its size.
Plus, it is close to Cleveland and Akron if you are looking to do something which can't be found in Canton.
The most obvious tourist attraction in Canton is the Pro-Footaball Hall of Fame. Great for the football fans, not so great for the others. But this being a city with other things to do, you are not forgotten!
The Belden Village Mall area has a lot of the local nightlife and shopping, the kids will enjoy the parks area near the hall of fame and McKinley Monuments, plus the Monument sits next door to a childrens museum which is a great place for kiddies to learn and play! For car buffs, there is the Canton Classic Car museum, and there are a lot of outdoor activities like canoeing to be had within a few miles of downtown.
Canton is a small town, don't get me wrong, but there are some great things which most big cities will never have that Canton does. Even a movie there can be a treat if seeing it at the Palace Theatre. I used to love to go to the palace just to watch the ceiling. The clouds on the mural on the ceiling actually move! How cool is that?
There is a lot of golf to be had in Canton. One of the luxuries of a lot of open space. And you are very close to the Menonite country and just a trip through the country can be breathtaking.
- Pros:Very Friendly, Very Close to Cleveland and other areas.
- Cons:Just not as much to do as when you are Cleveland.
- In a nutshell:A great place to live and work, not very touristy.
All around the Belden Village Mall area are restaurants and Bars. This is about as close as Canton gets to real... more travel advice
When I was growing up this used to be a Hilton Hotel, so if I mess up and call it that, please forgive me. It is in fact... more travel advice
kdoc13's Related Pages
Canton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canton Ohio - A Hall of Fame City"
- "Where Footballl Comes Alive!"
- "Canton, OH"
- "Where I Usually Dine"
- "PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME"
- "Canton's Home"
- "Canton, OH"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canton
- Hotels in Canton
- Transportation in Canton
- Nightlife in Canton
- Restaurants in Canton
- Shopping in Canton
- Warnings and Dangers in Canton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canton
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Canton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canton
Photos in CantonSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 59 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 53 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dayton Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cleveland Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Cincinnati Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canton Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'anmunjom-ni Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- North Canton Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos