"Stunning Zanzibar" Zanzibar Island by gammo_go_lightly
Zanzibar Island Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 642 photos
Stone Town is Zanzibar's centre for Tourism and also houses the ferry port and so much history and culture you'll easilly get stuck here for 4 or more days. The architecture is really interesting and you can enjoy getting lost down the narrow streets and alleyways, haggling for an african painting or wooden carving, or sipping on a sundowner at one of the various sunset bars famous for doing just this.
This quiet haven by Nungwi is worth a night or two - especially around the full moon as they have beach parties here. We didn't witness a beach party, but the bar at Kendwa Rocks got quite lively in the evenings, although i hear its not always this way. The beach is really nice, and there's a Scuba Shack for thost who want to dive.
Paje is a small village on the East Coast, slightly larger than Kendwa. I didn't like the beach as much as Kendwa although its supposed to be home to the 4th Best Beach in the world...hmmm dubious if you ask me! whilst its certainly a lovely beach what is more interesting about it other than the sandy bit, is the effect the 6 hour tides has on the ocean. At 11 am you can go walking in knee deep turquoise waters for about half a mile and its really quite amazing, serene and unusual.
- Pros:Exotic, cultural, friendly and a slice of heaven
- Cons:Expensive (by Tanzanian standards)
- In a nutshell:Go here if you cannot afford the Seychelles!
I had a lovely two days here that could easilly have turned into 2 weeks i reckon! Paje by Night is a resort just set... more travel advice
gammo_go_lightly's Related Pages
Zanzibar Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zanzibar - an air of spices"
- "WELCOME TO PARADISE ISLAND ! JAMBO !!!"
- "Zanzibar - Paradise with a Twist"
- "Across the island to paradise"
- "Matemwe Beach"
- "Stunning Zanzibar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zanzibar Island
- Hotels in Zanzibar Island
- Transportation in Zanzibar Island
- Restaurants in Zanzibar Island
- Shopping in Zanzibar Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Zanzibar Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zanzibar Island
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Zanzibar Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zanzibar Island
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bournemouth Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tanzania Intro, 4 reviews
- Malta Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 3 reviews