"Camp Capinpin, Tanay, Rizal" Tanay by jgbrillantes

Tanay Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 129 photos

"This Used To Be My Playground" -- Madonna

I lived in Camp Capinpin, Bgy. Sampaloc, Tanay, Rizal when I was from 1 to 5 years old. I had a nice childhood in Tanay. I had the opportunity to climb trees, run around in fields, climb hills, and swim in rivers and falls, and, of course, in the JE Farm swimming pool.

Then . . .

I had a very simple life. In the morning, I watched Sesame Street and Batibot (children shows) until about lunch time. After lunch, I went to my pre-school. After dismissal, I would be picked up by the driver and delivered to my parents who were either playing tennis at the clubhouse or badminton at the pelota court. After supper, we watched TV, played board games and then slept.

Visiting After 20 Years

When my family and I visited recently, it was fun to see how the places that I remember changed. It was also fun to be told about the places I don't remember anymore. We were treated very nicely when we visited. Horses for riding and a horse-drawn carriage were prepared for us, the rappelling wall (my sister, brothers and I know how to rappel) was almost also prepared but the rope master was competing in a rifle shooting competition, meals were always served on time and in our accomodation, and they also invited us to take a couple of pistol shots, which we basically declined because a competition was going on, and my sister and father took a couple of swings at the golf driving range. I took pictures of my pre-school, our house before (which is now basically a ruin), and the scenery.

Visiting Tanay, Rizal is not really for soft (i.e. travelling to places but wanting the comforts and familiarity of home) travelers. It's a small town an hour and a half away from Manila, but it's a world apart from urban Manila. If travelers like serenity, staring at mountain ranges, and feeling the wind on one's face, Tanay is worth a visit.

Photos here.

• Last visit to Tanay: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2005

• cheelejedo's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2009 at 5:30 AM

Hey, i really felt like going back to a paradise.I live in antipolo city but whenever stress strikes me, I find myself in Sampaloc tanay, the place of my beloved joel gabelite.Your page is really awesome.

jgbrillantes Used To Live Here!

jgbrillantes

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference (Frost).”

Badges & Stats in Tanay