"Huntsville, TX - more than a prison!" Huntsville by sue&gene
Huntsville Travel Guide: 90 reviews and 239 photos
I accompanied my husband to a dulcimer festival recently in Huntsville. Since I am not a musician, I did some sight-seeing. I had only "passed through" Huntsville before this visit. I was expecting to see a prision ... but not right in the middle of the town!! Since the festival was on the Sam Houston State University campus, we stayed at the University Hotel.
- Pros:A nice town with lots of history
- Cons:A prison!
- In a nutshell:I enjoyed the visit and hope to see more of the area in the future.
The Sam Houston Memorial Museum is near downtown Huntsville and is a pleasure to visit. Start the visit in the The Katy... more travel advice
sue&gene's Related Pages
Huntsville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Huntsville Page"
- "Huntsville, Home of Sam Houston"
- "Huntsville, Texas: Home of Sam Houston"
- "Center of Texas history -- past and present"
- "Search for the perfect BBQ"
- "Sam Houston's Town"
- "Huntsville, TX - more than a prison!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huntsville
- Hotels in Huntsville
- Transportation in Huntsville
- Nightlife in Huntsville
- Restaurants in Huntsville
- Warnings and Dangers in Huntsville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Huntsville
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Huntsville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huntsville
Photos in HuntsvilleSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Alaska Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Acadia National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangor Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Lubec Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Huntsville Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- San Antonio Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Cairns Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Campobello Island Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Colorado Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Shreveport Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (8)
Latest Huntsville hotel reviews