"Eagles, barges, festivals" Clarksville by galt35
Clarksville Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 3 photos
Clarksville is an interesting if not fun place if you catch it at the right time of the year. Nice downtown architecture, lock and dam can be fascinating, this city is always really affected by flooding. Public celebrations and farmer's markets on weekends around and in the Apple Shed. There are some pretty views and some nice terrain to the north on 79 and to the west toward Hwy 61.
Lock and Dam
In late January usually, Clarksville hosts Eagle days were there is a program and Eagle watching.
Folks putting in at the boat ramp and making their way across the river to Foley for breakfast or upstream in search of a popular sand bar.
Bars include The Dug Out
- Pros:rustic and beautiful
- Cons:not always anything going on besides the lock and dam
- In a nutshell:If there are cars lining 79 as you drive up the river, stop in for some kettel corn or to see an eagle
galt35's Related Pages
Clarksville Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Clarksville
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Clarksville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clarksville
Photos in ClarksvilleSee All Photos (1)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chatham Intro, 3 reviews
- New Orleans 1 review, 1 photo
- Fort Worth Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Provincetown Intro, 2 reviews
- Clarksville Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.