Hamburg Packing List Tips by ericaj. Top 5 Page for this destination
Hamburg What to Pack: 13 reviews and 8 photos
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Even though 2006 will see an incredible number of tourists visiting Hamburg in June and July, I cannot stress enough that it's not always necessarily warm here, even in the thick of summer. The weather you can most likely expect is something between the mid 60's-low 70's. Even with sunny days, it cools down fast in the evening, and it's not unusal to have a string of summer days, only to have it rain suddenly and the tempature drop to 55°F degrees for a full 10 days afterwards.
Warm sunny days here are nearly impossible to predict it seems. To be safe, bring one pair of jeans and one heavy sweater, or lighweight jacket ,even if you are visiting in the height of the summer months. The trick here is dressing in layers, so remember, you can always remove your thick sweater or leave your jacket in the hotel if you're warm , but if you're underdressed in a rainy 55°F Hamburg, it 's no fun and definitely puts a damper on being able to get around comfortably!
Luggage and bags: An extra tote or knapsack is ideal for shopping and sightseeing. They can be used to carry snacks, or pick up small items from the grocery stores and toiletrie shops. Take note that grocery stores have a 6-20 cent surcharge on bags (to encourage recycling), so your knapsack/tote will definitely come in handy.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Having lived here for several years now, I can tell you that Hamburg is generally a rainy day kind of town. From late fall to spring it is not uncommon for it to rain several times a week, nearly all day. At the very least, be sure to have a good, wind resistant umbrella on hand and water resistant shoes. For clearer days, most people all run around in sneakers, jeans, and the usual coats.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Most medical supplies can be found at your local "apoteke" (pharmacy), altough the products are nowhere near as potent as those found on supermarket shelves in the U.S. Just to be safe, it would be advisable to bring a good all-around pain reliever like Tylenol or Advil with you, or even Pepto Bismol Tablets or Tums just incase you over-indulge with the beer and sweets.
More Reviews (69)
- See All Authentic Asian Food Goods for Exotic...
- See All The Right Bus/Train Ticket for the Best...
- See All Villa Hotel Great for Women, Art...
- See All If You Suddenly See Police Tanks &...
- See All Attend English Speaking Church,...
- See All JULY-AUGUST: Duckstein Food and Music...
- See All A Full Menu Japanese Restaurant
- See All Former Fishing Dynasty w/Quiet...
- See All Summertime by the Riverbank
- See All WORLD CUP 2006-" WM NIGHTS", a VIP Event
- Reeperbahn Strip Clubs
Been to Hamburg?Share your travels with the world!
ericaj.'s Related Pages
Hamburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hamburg - a lot of great memories"
- "Port Hamburg Welcomes You!"
- "The Forgotten Hamburg"
- "FIFA came & went! But There's Still Lots To Do!"
- "Welcome to Hamburg"
- "In the footsteps of . . . Schnabelewopski?!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hamburg
- Hotels in Hamburg
- Transportation in Hamburg
- Nightlife in Hamburg
- Restaurants in Hamburg
- Shopping in Hamburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Hamburg
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lancaster Hotels
- Stingray Point Hotels
- Silkstone Hotels
- Mankayane Hotels
Badges & Stats in Hamburg
- 71 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Hamburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamburg
Photos in HamburgSee All Photos (44)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamburg Intro, 71 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helgoland Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Islamorada 1 review
- Anguilla 1 review
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Hamburg hotel reviews
- Tulip Inn Hamburg Hanseport
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2006
- Renaissance Hamburg Hotel
- 159 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Hotel Stern
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Ramada-Treff Hotel Bergedorf
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Louis C. Jacob Hotel
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Hamburg International
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 12, 2013
- Grand Elysee Hotel
- 207 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Hotel Residenz Hafen Hamburg
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Prem Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Eden Hotel
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 27, 2013
- Hotel Stadthaus
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Best Western Hotel St. Raphael
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Hotel Oase
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2013
- Reeperbahn - St. Pauli- 35 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Town Hall - Rathaus- 41 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Port - Hafen- 76 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Fischmarkt- 17 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Speicherstadt- 34 Reviews, 60 Photos
- City Centre- 30 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Elbtunnel- 13 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Binnen and Außenalster- 30 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Michaeliskirche- 28 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Blankenese- 12 Reviews, 21 Photos
See All Hamburg Things to Do