"PALS" Top 5 Page for this destination Pals by mustertal
Pals Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 161 photos
This beautiful little ancient Village, can be found in the Catalan region of Spain, in an area known as Emporda.
The Roman walled village of Pals ,with it's stone houses built around a 15 th century Castle, was abandon after the Spanish Civil War in 1939, and, almost fell into ruin's. That was until the people of Barcelona moved in and restored the house's to use as second homes.
Set on a hillside overlooking the the beautiful Catalan countryside, it's a very poplar place to visit, so early morning or early evening is a good time to stroll through these cobbled street's, take your time as you wonder and take in the beauty of this beautiful small place.
Park in the new town at the bottom of the hill, then slowly make your way up into the tiny busy square, with it's cafe, bar's, restaurant's, ice cream, craft and gift shop's. Carry on through the arch and up to the old tower and church that dominates the hill, take in the view's around this lovely old place.
The road up is a slow climb on a cobbled surface, there are a few step's that can be avoided if you have walking difficulties.
The area of Pals has much to offer, visit one of the many beaches, some touristy, others quiet and out of the way. Drive along the rugged coast line and take in the breathtaking view's along the way. The beach of Platja de Pals is only 2 mile's away and it is the longest on the Costa Brava, mostly unspoiled, and there is a section cordoned off for the naturist amongst you. You will find some water sport's here, and, a few restaurant's and bars along the beach front.
The area has much to offer, the major resorts of L'Estartit and L'Escarla and the City's of Girona and Figueres also Barcelona is within reach.
The area has literally hundred's of campsite's, so finding one will not be a problem.
- Pros:Quiet area of the Costa Brava
- In a nutshell:Quite a nice surprise.
Travel through Begure keeping the ocean to your left hand side then go down to the coast road. The road winds down to... more travel advice
The medieval town of Begur sits on an immense geological mass of vertical rock. The main medieval square span's out from... more travel advice
mustertal's Related Pages
Pals Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A beautiful medieval town."
- "Medieval town of Pals"
- "Finding a small quite town"
- "Pals town Journey"
- "Suprising PALS"
- "Summerholiday 2006 in Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pals
- Hotels in Pals
- Transportation in Pals
- Nightlife in Pals
- Restaurants in Pals
- Warnings and Dangers in Pals
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pals
- 10 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Pals?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pals
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 51 reviews, 102 photos
- Staufen im Breisgau Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Germany Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salou Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- Lytham Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Preston Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pals Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Largentière Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos