Salou Transportation Tips by mustertal Top 5 Page for this destination
Salou Transportation: 15 reviews and 13 photos
Salou has good train links between Barcelona, Tarragona and Reus. They run on time and are are reasonably priced, I traveled on them a couple of times to Tarragona.
If you are of a certain age, don't forget to ask for a senior ticket, there is a great saving on the price. You do not need any identification or proof of age.
DO NOT forget to validate your ticket before boarding the train, you will see these ( they look like ITM box's) in the ticket office or on the platform.
For a bit of fun, why not take the little train that runs around Salou, it goes along the promenade and into the old town. You can change onto other little trains to go to some of the other beaches, Port Aventura, and onto Cape Salou.
The round trip takes about an hour, so good value and a good way to see the sites.
The price is ?3:30. per trip (2007 price).
The Plana bus is the best way to see the area.
Buy one of their card from any tobacconist for ?12, that's ?2 for the card and ?10 worth of travel, you can top the card up as you need it, without paying the ?2.
Travel takes you as far as Tarragona and Reus as well as the local area.
Plana also do reasonably priced trips to Montserrat and Barcelona.
More Reviews (9)
mustertal's Related Pages
Salou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salou,Costa Dorada"
- "Salou - fun for all!"
- "great beaches"
- "Umfufu's new Salou Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salou
- Hotels in Salou
- Transportation in Salou
- Nightlife in Salou
- Restaurants in Salou
- Shopping in Salou
- Warnings and Dangers in Salou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salou
- 12 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Salou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salou
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 51 reviews, 102 photos
- Staufen im Breisgau Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Germany Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salou Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- Lytham Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pals Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Largentičre Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auxerre Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos