"What Happened to my Intro ?" Trier by mustertal

Trier Travel Guide: 582 reviews and 1,460 photos

I did write an intro to Trier, but it must have got lost someplace out their in Cyberspace during the the re vamp on VT.

It was five years ago I visited Trier for the second time and five years previous to that (if that makes sense).

Trier is reported to be the oldest place in Germany and is known for the Porta Nigra, (Black Gate). It was also the birth place of Karl Marks. The Cathedral is a must to visit, and the town square with it's shops, cafes and wine bars are a good place to sit and people watch or just to rest your feet.

• Last visit to Trier: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 11, 2011

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2012 at 3:22 PM

nice page - I should celebrate my 10 years of 1st having visited Germany with a return visit there and include lovely Trier!....just sighted your pic of Porta Nigra again tonight, really does look so impressive, now its coming up to 12 years since I was there...

• Ann75's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Great page about this lovely place. I haven't been here myself, but my parents have when I still lived in Belgium. They always enjoyed it very much.

• Aunt_Bertha's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Would you believe that I haven't been to Trier yet, although I don't live too far away from it? I'm going to make a serious effort to visit there this spring or summer. And I've made a mental note to try some of those delicious cakes in that café on market square. I'm glad you wrote a tip about it :-)

• vpeter's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Ahhh, Trier. Nice pics and good info. It brings back a lot of memories. peter

• zone_de_guerre's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2007 at 8:45 AM

Hey mustertal, I like your page on Trier, it brings back a lot of memories about the place. ! I am 24 now but I remember about 4 years ago being there and drinking with these mad American soldiers in some nightclub! Keep up the good work on the page!

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2007 at 3:07 AM

good little page - years since we were there. I remember a twisted ankle from a fall on the cobbles!

• JourneyOf1's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2006 at 5:43 AM

Would love to visit this "oldest" city in Germany, beautiful photos you took. Quite right to always remember to bring your camera...in my case, one has to also remember not to drop the camera :-)

• rubbersoul75's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2006 at 2:52 AM

Nice photos and info on this lovely city, & the main sqaure is all Wi Fi huh? Pretty neat. Thanks for stopping by my Germany page also-

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2006 at 1:32 PM

Nice page. Trier is a city with so much history.

• evona's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2006 at 9:52 AM

The Cathedral and Porta Negra are great. Nice page. Greetings from Poland :)

mustertal

“Don't forget your camera and a pen !”

Badges & Stats in Trier