"Le Grand Week-End" Top 5 Page for this destination Auxerre by mustertal

Auxerre Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 260 photos

Finding Auxerre
Let the Sat Nav Take the Strain

It was rain, rain and more rain here in the UK, plus it was a holiday week end, so..........."why not just jump into the car and jet off to the ferry port, then catch the ferry to across to Belle France, then see were we end up" that's what I said to Gwynfiguy. So that's just what we did.
On arrival in France we set the GPS to take us South.
After travelling through many beautiful little villages, going off road, and through farmers fields, we finally called time when we reached Auxerre, and, it didn't disappoint us

Auxerre

Auxerre, is in the Burgundy region of France, ideal for those trips to the vineyards. The town itself is small, with lovely timber fronted houses and cobbled streets is a joy to wonder round.
This old historical, medieval town, is the second largest protected centre in Burgundy

• Last visit to Auxerre: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 12, 2008

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I have wanted to see this place for such a long time....oh well, maybe one day.
    Thanks for a great page.

• mustertal's Profile Photo
      Sep 30, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Thank you, and I'm sure you'll love it when you finally make it !

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Have not been in touch for a while. Hope all is well.
    Very enjoyable travel page and reviews.

• abi_maha's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2009 at 5:58 AM

Nice page! :) Like any typical tourist we have only been to Paris in France. We would love to explore the rest of France sometime next year!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2009 at 5:56 AM

nice to see you made it here too - I visited about 2 years ago - great to see yr pics and tip on the cathedral as it was closed when I was there!

• Elena77's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Thanks for stopping by my Wales page! I really enjoyed your tips on Auxerre.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2008 at 3:38 AM

What fun to just cross over to France and head south. Auxerre looks lovely esp the timbered buildings and the whimsical wood sculptures. You did good on accommodations also.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2008 at 4:03 AM

Nice little page on Auxerre. I once knew a girl from Auxerre (for about three days) and ever since then I've been curious about the place -- but not curious enough to actually go there, LOL. (Maybe next year. . .)

mustertal

“Don't forget your camera and a pen !”

Badges & Stats in Auxerre

Have you been to Auxerre?

Latest Activity in Auxerre