"Lesbos" Top 5 Page for this destination Lesvos by lizcrtz

Lesvos Travel Guide: 196 reviews and 342 photos

First of all...

... I'd like to say, that my sister and I have chosen to keep coming back to this island, because there are not that many tourists. Well, there are of course, but from many years of experience, we know where to go and what to avoid, if you are not that fond of tourists. Of course, you will always bump into tourists, but not the ones that hang by the pool all day. So if you are interested in a little romance and a little bit of partying, keep reading...

It all started when my parents took me, a 'blooming' teenager, to the island one hot summer. My sister and I didn't really know what to do, as usual, so we tried to make friends with some other dutch boy. He told us that he had been coming back here for the past few summers and introduced us to some other people. We were young and restless and that is why partying was all we did. We mostly hung out at Molyvos (Mithimna), Petra and (not shown on the map) Anaxos.

Must See!

One night we drove from Petra to Molyvos. We saw the city lying there like a pile of stars with a big magical air castle on top of it and it finally hit us that this wasn't just a holiday resort. It was more than that. It had history and charm. And that was the night it caught us. We didn't need a Trevi Fountain to be sure of the fact that we would be coming back here. It was really romantic.

Molyvos offers a lot of facilities. You can get money there, have a great meal or a drink, go out to dance, rent a bike or a room, visit the castle, go to the beach, go shopping or just enjoy the view.
Molyvos has a very cute harbour. During the evening it's always very nice to hang out there. You can have a nice meal or just a drink. Fishermen come in and go out during the day, but even when you are having dinner, they come in or go out for some nightfishing. It's really traditional, as if time has stopped.
Just before you walk down to the harbour there's an internet cafe. So if you'd like to keep in touch with your friends, it can come in very useful. If you want to know more, please check the tips.

• Last visit to Lesvos: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated May 8, 2004

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2006 at 10:29 PM

Hello Liz! Well done page of Lesvos. I have been planning to visit a friend there this year. Looks tempting... Happy birthday from Finland!

• SpagBoll's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 4:04 AM

Nice tips, nice sense of humour ;)

• MITNIC's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2004 at 12:27 AM

I found very interesting the way you describe life there! Well last time I was at Molyvos and around was back at 80’s…. It seems that there is not that much change except bar names…

• May 21, 2004 at 5:16 AM

Liz nice start..Welcome to VT. Greetings from India.

lizcrtz

“There's no place like far away...”

Badges & Stats in Lesvos