"Choroni" Top 5 Page for this destination Choroní by Jacana
Choroní Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 165 photos
"Choroni" is actually two little towns close to one another. The first one is Choroni and the other is Puerto Colombia. You can stay in either of them, but Puerto Colombia is where the beach is.
Most "posadas" or inns are actually old houses that were transformed on the interior while maintaining the exterior intact. They mantain the typical colonial architecture of Venezuela, which is absolutely beautiful!
The road that leads to Choroni from Maracay is a bit scary because it is so narrow, but try not to pay attention to this. Instead enjoy the fact that you're in the middle of a jungle and the oldest National Park in Venezuela (Henri Pittier), which has an enormous biodiversity, including over 500 species of birds!
So, what's the point of going to Choroni if you're not going to go to the beach? The beach's name is Playa grande, and... more travel advice
At night everyone gathers at the malecon (or waterfront) where the locals play their drums. It's amazing to watch how... more travel advice
Jacana's Related Pages
Choroní Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHORONI - The best or Aragua"
- "Choroni - Chill it out"
- "Choroni and Henri Pettier National Park"
- "Puerto Colombia-- beach culture"
- "CHORONI: An enchanting forest"
- "Western Venezuela - Choroni"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Choroní
- Hotels in Choroní
- Transportation in Choroní
- Nightlife in Choroní
- Restaurants in Choroní
- Shopping in Choroní
- Warnings and Dangers in Choroní
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Choroní
- 6 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Choroní?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Choroní
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Choroní Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Maracay 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Florence 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Caracas 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Morrocoy 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Toronto 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Lucca Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Amsterdam 2 reviews, 2 photos
- London 1 review, 1 photo
- Venezuela 2 reviews