"Home Sweet Home" Smithers by Muzzaa

Smithers Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 16 photos

Smithers has been my home on and off for most of my life. It is a small town in British Columbia located at the foot of Hudson Bay Mountain in the Bulkley Valley. The town is situated about half way between two of the norths larger cities, Prince Rupert, the port city, and Prince George, the unoffical northern capital (so they tell us). The town is designed to look like a swiss alpine village which gives the main street a very european flavour. There are many recreational opportunities available in our town and an abundance of natural scenery that can wow even the most seasoned traveller. Smithers is a place most travellers will use as a stopover on their way to Alaska or Queen Charlotte Islands via Prince Rupert. Smithers has daily service by air (direct flight to Vancouver) and bus, as well as regular rail service.

Alpenhorn man

Located at the junction of Hiway 16 and Main St. is the Alpenhorn man. He is your welcome to our themed Main Street. To the right in the picture is the very unalpine themed video store....always one in the crowd.

• Intro Updated May 17, 2006

• Darby2's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2008 at 11:20 AM

It's been a while since my last visit to Smithers. I must return soon. when I last saw the Bear Glacier, I was able to walk on it up to the snowfield above it on the Cambria Glacier.

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2007 at 7:14 PM

Cool stuff on Smithers! I still haven't been there but I feel I should. A good friend of mine used to live there (her aunt/uncle run a horse-logging farm).

• Lunaina's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2006 at 11:50 PM

Ha Muzzaa. Nice pictures of Smithers. I really like Canada, as well as all Nordic countries. Probably visit Canada again in two years!

• nomada's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2006 at 12:13 PM

Happy BDay !!! Was in Smithers some days ago. How does it feel to live there?

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2004 at 5:48 PM

Hi Murray, I LOVE BC, what gorgeous pictures, More please :o)

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2004 at 4:42 AM

What a beautiful setting for your home town. We would love to explore it someday. We'll look forward to seeing more of your tips.

Muzzaa Lives Here!

Muzzaa

“the universe will provide”

Badges & Stats in Smithers

Have you been to Smithers?

Latest Activity in Smithers