"Active Volcano" Arenal by Muzzaa
Arenal Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 105 photos
The purpose of going to Arenal was the volcano. It did not disappoint. I had never seen an active volcano before, so this was very exciting for me. The first time I saw smoke coming from the top, I nearly jumped from my seat. We even had a clear night and when you looked to the top, you could see red glowing. It was not bright enough for a picture, but the image is firm in the mind. When we listened closely, we could even hear it making noise, it was so alive!
You can see the volcano from all parts of the Arenal area, so we did some touring of the area. One spot we went to was the Arenal Hanging Bridges. They have made a very nice, safe path through the rain forest which can take a few hours if you are on a "wander" pace. We saw many lizards and butterflies and were told that many other animals exist at different times.
One day we took a tour to the Rio Frio in an area called Cano Negro. There was a lot of wild life on this tour. About half way we stopped in a town to look at some iguanas that were resting near the roadway. The tour took the full day and showed us a great deal of the countryside in the northern part of the country. On the river, we went as far as the Nicaraguan border.
Muzzaa's Related Pages
Arenal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Active Volcano and a Lake"
- "Volcan Arenal"
- "Active Volcano"
- "Nature at its best"
- "La Vida Pura en Costa Rica"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arenal
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Arenal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arenal
Top 10 Pages
- Ixtapa Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- El Jem Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Smithers Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Brunei Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Maldives Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Petatlán Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Arenal Intro, 1 review, 4 photos