"Perak Darul Ridzuan" Negeri Perak by travelpug
Negeri Perak Travel Guide: 1,191 reviews and 3,688 photos
Perak state is located on the west coast of Peninsula Malaysia. Perak literally means silver in Malay language. Ipoh is the state capital of Perak. Ipoh is famous for aromatic white coffee, Bean Sprout Chicken dish (nga choi kai), Sar Hor Fan (flat rice noodle soup), and Pamelo. Ipoh is nicknamed the Hill City. There are plenty of limestone cliffs and hills around Ipoh. Hence there are some famous caves that are turned into chinese buddhist temples. Ipoh is located in Kinta Valley. Kinta Valley had loads of tin that brought wealth to the state especially Ipoh. A beautiful island of Pulau Pangokr is located in Perak. I had been there once long time ago. It is a small island with relaxing atmosphere. Taiping is a small town located north of Perak. Taiping is famous for Malaysia's first zoo, Taiping Lake, and Maxwell Hill. Kuala Kangsar located north of Ipoh is the Royal City of Perak. Perak has much to offer visitors.
While visiting Ipoh, most people bring back Pamelo. It is a big fruit in the citrus family. It is almost like a XL size... more travel advice
Pun Chun in Bidor is located on the main street of Bidor town. It has been in business for at least 25 years, or more.... more travel advice
travelpug's Related Pages
Negeri Perak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Darul Ridzwan- Perak"
- "Perak - The Silver State"
- "Perak - The "Silver" State Built on Tin"
- "Perak "Kojar Yop Kojay" (Chase Yop Chase!)"
- "Silver State"
- "Perak Darul Ridzuan"
- "Bukit Merah Lake Town Resort"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Negeri Perak
- Hotels in Negeri Perak
- Transportation in Negeri Perak
- Nightlife in Negeri Perak
- Restaurants in Negeri Perak
- Shopping in Negeri Perak
- Warnings and Dangers in Negeri Perak
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Negeri Perak
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Negeri Perak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Negeri Perak
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 27 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Phatthalung Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Bahrain Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos
- Damnoen Saduak Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos