"The Colourful Province" Top 5 Page for this destination Yunnan Sheng by travelpug
Yunnan Sheng Travel Guide: 2,033 reviews and 5,776 photos
Yunnan, literaly means "South of the Cloud". I visited Yunnan on my first trip ever to China. Yunnan has so much to offer. It has tropical climate in the south (Xisuangbanna, or Jinghong); Kunming, where it is spring time all year round, is the capitol of Yunnan. Further up north, you may visit the ancient cities of Dali and more popular Lijiang. For those in search of peace and harmony, you should venture up north to Shangrila (originally named Zongdian). For those who love to adventure off the beaten path, the west side of the province where it borders to Myanmar is the perfect destination. Yunnan, so many places, so little time. I will come back for more!!
Yi minority group can be found near Tiger Leaping Gorge. The females wear a big hat. more travel advice
Dai people live mainly in Xishuangbanna (southern Yunnan). They have their own language and believe in buddhism. Their... more travel advice
travelpug's Related Pages
Yunnan Sheng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountains and Minorities"
- "Yunnan - South of the Clouds"
- "Southest Yunnan - Off the tourist trail"
- "The Colourful Province"
- "paradise found in Dali"
- "The Shangri-La in my heart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yunnan Sheng
- Hotels in Yunnan Sheng
- Transportation in Yunnan Sheng
- Nightlife in Yunnan Sheng
- Restaurants in Yunnan Sheng
- Shopping in Yunnan Sheng
- Warnings and Dangers in Yunnan Sheng
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yunnan Sheng
- 59 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Yunnan Sheng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yunnan Sheng
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 27 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Phatthalung Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Bahrain Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos
- Damnoen Saduak Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos