" Hat Yai - Gateway to Southern Thailand " Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai by travelpug
Hat Yai Travel Guide: 383 reviews and 723 photos
Hatyai is the biggest city in southern Thailand. Unlike the other Thai cities, Hatyai has no long history as a city. It has no ancient temples or old palaces. However, Hatyai is the commercial and transportation hub in the south. One strange thing about Hatyai is that it is not even a provincial capitol. Hatyai actually belongs to Songkhla province and it is more popular amond tourists and busier than Songklha town itself!
Hatyai is located at about 60km north of the Thai-Malaysian border town of Sadao that brings in Malaysian and Singaporean weekender tourists. It helps the tourism of Hatyai. Sadly, due to the recent bombing incidents in the deep south and even in Hatyai town itself, foreigners are afraid to visit. Hatyai plays a role for travelers who wish to travel further south via rail or road to Malaysia, or vice versa. My advice is not to have high expectation before visiting Hatyai so that you won't get disappointed during your visit. To me, Hatyai is just a small town for some shopping and stopover before you proceed to more interesting places...
I hope my tips give you some ideas about Hatyai before you arrive. Feel free to rate my tips. Hope they are helpful to you.
Thank you for visiting my Hatyai page :)
Prince of Songkla University is one of the most prominent universities in southern Thailand. It was founded in 1967 and... more travel advice
Chicken rice is called 'Kao Mun Kai' in Thai language. It is similar to Hainanese chicken rice found in Malaysia and... more travel advice
travelpug's Related Pages
Hat Yai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hat Yai"
- "Southern Thailand"
- "Sawadeeka Hat Yai"
- " Hat Yai - Gateway to Southern Thailand "
- "Hat Yai....."
- "Can't avoid the place !"
- "Jennifer's Hat Yai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hat Yai
- Hotels in Hat Yai
- Transportation in Hat Yai
- Nightlife in Hat Yai
- Restaurants in Hat Yai
- Shopping in Hat Yai
- Warnings and Dangers in Hat Yai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hat Yai
- 27 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Hat Yai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hat Yai
- Posted in Travel Hanoi Forum "Re: Hotels in Hanoi"
- Commented on one of csyeo's Hat Yai travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bus - Hatyai to Kuala Lumpur"
- updated a Hat Yai Travelogue "Hatyai Lantern Festival 2007 - November 2007"
- Wrote a Review Prince of Songkla University in Hat Yai Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Hat YaiSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 27 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Phatthalung Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Bahrain Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos
- Damnoen Saduak Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos