"Charming Little Town That Is Off the Beaten Path" Phatthalung by travelpug
Phatthalung Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 37 photos
It's a southern town that doesn't attract too many travelers. It has one main street at the downtown area. The symbol of Phathalung is the limestone hill with a hole in the middle. Phathalung is one of the poorest provinces in southern Thailand. Travelers are rare in this province.
Thale Noi is perhaps the main tourist attraction of Phattalung. It is the place for birdwatching and to see beautiful water lilies.
Vast rice field (a panoramic view from Pimalai cave). According to legend, the mountain far and beyond is said to be the 'husband' of the other 2 mountains in Phattalung.
- Pros:Charming, not touristy at all
- Cons:Less developed in terms of tourism makes it hard to travel
- In a nutshell:Great if you want to experience the real small town charm of southern Thailand
This is a newly opened elevated road (seems more like a bridge to me) links Phattalung to Songkla. The total length of... more travel advice
This is one of the famous local handicraft of Phattalung. It is used in shadow play. But they come in many forms and... more travel advice
travelpug's Related Pages
Phatthalung Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming Little Town That Is Off the Beaten Path"
- "Phattalong/Phatthalung, Southern Thailand"
- "Phattalung - Land of the Waterfalls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phatthalung
- Hotels in Phatthalung
- Transportation in Phatthalung
- Restaurants in Phatthalung
- Shopping in Phatthalung
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phatthalung
- 20 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Phatthalung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phatthalung
- Posted in Travel Hanoi Forum "Re: Hotels in Hanoi"
- Wrote a Review Elevated Road - Phattalung to Songkla in Phatthalung Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Elevated Road - Phattalung to Songkla"
- updated a Phatthalung Travel Page "Charming Little Town That Is Off the Beaten Path"
- Commented on one of Tina-Perth's Phatthalung travel pages
Photos in PhatthalungSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 27 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Phatthalung Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Bahrain Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos
- Damnoen Saduak Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos