"Malaysia's First UNESCO World Heritage Site" Taman Negara Kinabalu by travelpug
Taman Negara Kinabalu Travel Guide: 271 reviews and 543 photos
This is definitely the most popular destination in Sabah state. I am glad that I had a chance to climb Mt Kinabalu. Although my goal was to reach the submit, I enjoyed the journey along the way as well. Well, I had no choice since I had to take it very slow on the way up due to the fact that I am not that fit after all... But with persistent, most everyone can make it to the top!
This is a postcard showing trail from Laban Rata to the summit. It is the toughest part of the hike and usually climbers going up in the dark. It looks easy from the picture, but I took 2 hours and 30 minutes just to get up there. But the feeling was GREAT!!
There are many kinds of plants you will see along the trail. A good climbing guide should be able to point it out to you when he/she sees one. Pitcher plants are one of the more popular plants that draw interests. There are many orchids too (December is the orchid season)!
- Pros:Great destination to be with nature
- Cons:muscle ache after the 2 days hike
- In a nutshell:It's a test of your stamina and persistence!
Travel light. You don't need much at the top. layers of clothes, from t-shirt, to long sleeve shirt, jacket (better be... more travel advice
The second part of the hike which is 2.7km long, begins at 02:30am in the morning. I spent 2hours and 30 minutes to... more travel advice
travelpug's Related Pages
Taman Negara Kinabalu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mount Kinabalu"
- "Mt Kinabalu"
- "Finally, Mount Kinabalu!"
- "Kinabalu National Park"
- "Mount Kinabalu - Highest point in Malaysia"
- "Mount Kinabalu (Land Below The Wind)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Hotels in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Transportation in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Nightlife in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Restaurants in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Shopping in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Warnings and Dangers in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- 23 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Taman Negara Kinabalu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Posted in Travel Hanoi Forum "Re: Hotels in Hanoi"
- Wrote a Review Start Climbing Early, Reach Laban Rata before dark in Taman Negara Kinabalu Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Very Informative Brochure"
- Commented on one of livethedream's Taman Negara Kinabalu travel pages
- updated a Taman Negara Kinabalu Travel Page "Malaysia's First UNESCO World Heritage Site"
Photos in Taman Negara KinabaluSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 40 reviews, 52 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 29 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 35 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hat Yai Intro, 27 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- Phatthalung Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Bahrain Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos
- Damnoen Saduak Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos