"MY home town.. South Bend, IN :(" Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend by Phlebas2

South Bend Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 234 photos

DTSB(Dirty Tacky Sad Boring= Down Town South Bend)

I hope you enjoy your visit to DTSB, whether a Business Traveler, Tourist, or curious former resident...You'll be sure to find lots of free parking! (but hurry its going, quick)

(Classic 2007 Tours and RECENT UPDATES .. Enjoy, them cause SB is still going down ..)

2007 The Summer Tour.. "Where are all the people?"

I spent a beautiful Summer day in DTSB exploring the ruins.. For a 10 am till 4 pm weekday visit, I was sort of surprised at the lack of action.. Considering the hype I keep hearing of how DTSB is making a "comeback"

Well, its NOON, so lets hop on this mysteriously handy "Fantasy Island" cart and go look around.

I wonder what we will find?

Gee, where are all the people?

Fall 2007 The sightseeing tour

Here's some fall highlights..
Sure lots of pretty things to see on a Saturday in South Bend..
And many fascinating Things from the past..
BUT, WHERE are all the people?

• Pros:It has an airport and rail commuter service !
  • Cons:The homeless center, and the Jail are the biggest attractions after good old ND.
  • In a nutshell:Unused resources, Dirt, Crime, and Notre Dame, that's DTSB
  • Last visit to South Bend: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 6, 2014

• Jan 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Great commentary! My favorites: Fresh candy at the Philadelphia, Saturday morning shoe shine at the South Shore station, balcony seat for movie at the grand old Granada theater, or my favorite ...Saturday night dance at the Top Deck! Alas! Gone forever!

• Dec 9, 2004 at 9:00 AM

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed you virtual tour of South Bend. Born and raised here the entire article is sad but true. Thanks for the laughs and memories!! Ah to go back to the 70's in DTSB would be great.

• meteorologist1's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2004 at 7:44 PM

Great tips on South Bend!

Phlebas2

“...fear death by water”

Badges & Stats in South Bend

Have you been to South Bend?

Latest Activity in South Bend