"Mishawaka" Mishawaka by Phlebas2
Mishawaka Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 9 photos
I rarely actually go to Sprall Mall area of Northern Mishawaka, too many choices for someone who lives in the wilds of SW Michigan, and a little too familiar. However, going to Chicago seemed a little too much, and staying at home a little too little. So, being I was feeling particularly cheap and lazy this year, and the fact that most people out there drive and act like they are in Chicago. I decided a "Holiday Get Away" in Mishawaka seemed appropriate.
Sort of like visiting a strange foreign city, dropped almost in my back yard.
It has the feel of a "Destination" without any particular purpose other than spending money. The entire northside of Mishawaka seems so out of place being I remember it as cornfields, hogs, cows and an auction barn. But that was when Town and Country Shopping Center was the buzz.
Wish I'd have bought some land there though, a long long time ago. I'd be laughing now as hard as the farmers who sold their properties to create the place.
- Pros:It's not South Bend
- Cons:It's not Chicago, though a lot of the people there act like it is.
- In a nutshell:Mini Metropolis in a Corn Field along the Toll Road
Stayed here on December 16th 2011. Got a "King" Jacuzzi room for $86.00 and change with my Red Roof Discount card,... more travel advice
Phlebas2's Related Pages
Mishawaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mishawaka Indiana:"
- "South Bend/Mishawaka, Indiana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mishawaka
- Hotels in Mishawaka
- Restaurants in Mishawaka
- Shopping in Mishawaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Mishawaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mishawaka
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Mishawaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mishawaka
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Bend Intro, 30 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Elkhart Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mishawaka Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Michigan City Intro, 3 reviews
- Tennessee Intro, 2 reviews
- Kalamazoo Intro, 2 reviews
- Benton Harbor Intro, 2 reviews
- My Old Kentucky Home State Park 2 reviews
- Santa Claus 1 review
- Berrien Springs 1 review
No friends yet.