"Wonderful city of music, culture & football." Vienna by Lensmeister

Vienna Travel Guide: 7,579 reviews and 19,136 photos

Vienna ... Simply lovely

I have been a number of times the the Austrian Capital city, and I have loved each and every visit. First visit was almost a honeymoon in 1992 on the way to My Dad's home town of Klagenfurt. Again I visited in 1996, 2001 and 2003 and each time I have loved it.

The trams are frequant, clean and eyecatching. The U-Bhan is fast, and clean. The information is always very good.

Yes the food, gifts and other tourists things tend to be pricey, but that is to be expected in any city. But there are some cheap and yet good places to get food etc.

The Prater Wheel is the focus on the Prater and the fun fair is fun for young and old alike. The little Lilliput Bhan (mini train) takes a winding tour of the wooded area, and you can alight at the National football stadium.

Stephansdom is wonderful, as are nearly all the churches in Austria, but I did like the Votivkirche and the small Maltese church (situated in Kearntner Strasse).

For shopping try Mariahilfe strasse.

Vienna is not one for children, although they may enjoy the Danube Park and tower.

I look forward to returning to Vienna again.

• Last visit to Vienna: Oct 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 28, 2008

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2006 at 9:03 AM

Great page on Vienna with lovely photos. Happy birthday from Finland!

• themajor's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2005 at 3:29 PM

Congrats Lensmeister, some nice snaps and an extraordinary real name to boot! (you must have a really long cheque book to fit that in!). I like Vienna so much I think it's the one city where I might actually be persuaded to go and watch some footy!

• Rachael71's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2005 at 7:19 AM

Nice tips and pictures.

• travelife's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2005 at 3:01 PM

Welcme to VT good reading..

Lensmeister

“Sit by the pool? Why? The world is there to be SEEN and experienced.”

Badges & Stats in Vienna