"Wonderful city of music, culture & football." Vienna by Lensmeister
Vienna Travel Guide: 7,728 reviews and 19,782 photos
I have been a number of times the the Austrian Capital city, and I have loved each and every visit. First visit was almost a honeymoon in 1992 on the way to My Dad's home town of Klagenfurt. Again I visited in 1996, 2001 and 2003 and each time I have loved it.
The trams are frequant, clean and eyecatching. The U-Bhan is fast, and clean. The information is always very good.
Yes the food, gifts and other tourists things tend to be pricey, but that is to be expected in any city. But there are some cheap and yet good places to get food etc.
The Prater Wheel is the focus on the Prater and the fun fair is fun for young and old alike. The little Lilliput Bhan (mini train) takes a winding tour of the wooded area, and you can alight at the National football stadium.
Stephansdom is wonderful, as are nearly all the churches in Austria, but I did like the Votivkirche and the small Maltese church (situated in Kearntner Strasse).
For shopping try Mariahilfe strasse.
Vienna is not one for children, although they may enjoy the Danube Park and tower.
I look forward to returning to Vienna again.
You can't visit Vienna and not visit the Prater. The permanant funfair next to Wien Nord station. The Huge ferris Wheel... more travel advice
The summer-residence of the emperor. You need a day to walk around the huge grounds and building. There are guided tours... more travel advice
Lensmeister's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !"
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "WALTZ INTO VIENNA!"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 9 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
- Posted in Travel Klagenfurt Forum "Family Room for 2 adults 2..."
- updated a Vienna Travel Page "Wonderful city of music, culture & football."
- Commented on one of KennetRose's Vienna travel pages
- Wrote a Review Nice little eatery in Vienna Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "The baroque castle of Prinz Eugen"
Photos in ViennaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- San Diego Intro, 19 reviews, 11 photos
- Vienna Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Whitby Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- La Jolla Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Encinitas Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Pickering Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Santa Monica Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos