"Pickering North Yorkshire." Pickering by Lensmeister
Pickering Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 74 photos
Pickering is always worth a visit. With the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, the Castle, tbe Beck Isle Museum, the football club, and some lovely little streets Pickering is definatly a trip worth making.
You can't list on here the feeling of sitting by the small river that runs past the Beck Isle Museum with a Ice Cream in your hand and hearing the steam trains expelling steam in to the sky under the sun. Peaceful settings like this make this town one to cherish and hope that the modern life doesn't ruin it.
There are some lovely little shops here worth a look.
- Pros:Peaceful, quiet, olde worlde in places.
- Cons:None really .. just not the place for young teenagers looking for a Wild time.
- In a nutshell:Missing Pickering is to miss a piece of Yorkshire.
There are a few places to eat in Pickering, but they are worth missing to get to the Black Swan. Now the menu is a... more travel advice
Lovely friendly little club. Was there a few years ago and I actually won the matchday raffle - A tray of fresh meat!... more travel advice
Lensmeister's Related Pages
Pickering Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pickering - Gateway to the Yorkshire Moors"
- "Not enough time to do it justice."
- "Bonio's visit to Pickering"
- "Pickering North Yorkshire."
- "JD's Pickering Description page"
- "Train rides & a castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pickering
- Hotels in Pickering
- Restaurants in Pickering
- Shopping in Pickering
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pickering
- 4 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Pickering?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pickering
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- San Diego Intro, 19 reviews, 11 photos
- Vienna Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Whitby Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- La Jolla Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Pickering Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Encinitas Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Santa Monica Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos