"Lensmeister's Virtual Tourist Pages" Lensmeister's Profile
Hi welcome to my little view of the world & the travels of the family and I.
The picture over there is of one of my all time favourite places; San Diego, California. That and Whitby, North Yorkshire in my own country ENGLAND.
I'm Married with two children so a lot of our holidays now are family based ... but it wasn't always that way.
For 2005 we went on a trip to Yorkshire for a few days and 2006 we did a three week trip to USA.
Being the mad football fan I am, I am thinking on a couple of trip that maybe be possible over the next few years (spelling is awful I know).
1. Vaduz, Leichtenstein. - Since reading Charlie Connelly's book "Stamping Grounds" I have wanted to visit this country. Not only is a football book it is a GREAT travel book, written for thjose who like the truth and not the BS in brochures!
2. Midleton, Cork, Ireland. - A mate of mine is something to do with the club there & regually invites me over. So anyone knowing anything about cheap flights, cheap B&B etc let me know.
3. Klagenfurt, Austria - As my Dad was from there I want to visit the locale and take some more photos.
3. Faeroe Islands - Again this one is down to Charlie Connelly and another book. "Spirit High, Passion Pure" is a lovely wander through the football clubs of Europe, and Charlie's description made me fancy a visit.
4. Tromso, Norway. - The most Northly football club in the world .... Now THAT is worth a visit right?
Ok so thats the idea. Anyone with ideas on where or how to's let me know.
Half the fun is the planning!
Well Well Well ..... how eventful this trip was.
The trip has been in the planing for the past 5 years in one way or another. It started on the flight BACK from Los Angeles in 2001 when I turned to my wife and Mum and said ... Well that was good ... we'll do it agains sometime. And we have only this time on the plane we said ... I can't wait to get home. Now don't get me wrong. It wasn't the holiday from hell with horrendous hotels, bad food and all the other things one associated with it but it wasn't the best. But we DID HAVE A GREAT TIME over all.
More to follow.
For years now I have been thinking about this trip. Funds and family sadly dictate that I doubt I will ever do it, but to think about it and the plan the idea of it is a small token. If anyone wants to do this they are more than welcome, but I make this small request. Document your trip with photos, writing and info that will allow me to experience it too.
The start is pretty simple. Whitby in North Yorkshire is where Bram Stoker wrote Dracula, he also used it as the dreaded counts arrival in England. The trip would start with a photo of Stokers seat overlooking the town (with the travellers on it maybe), this is followed by a photo of St. Mary’s church across the harbour that includes Tate Hill Sands where the boat crashed.
And so to the journey. From Whitby travel by bus to York where the Railways will transport you to London. Now you have two choices. A Plane or the Train. The plane would be cheaper and considerably faster. The railway trip is how I will pen this. From London by Eurostar to Bruxelles from where we will pick up a train to travel across Europe.
From Bruxelles we can travel to Köln where we would change train to München. A train will now take us from there to Bucuresti Nord.
Now we are in the heart of the capital city we will need to travel to the REAL Prince Vlad Tepes’ final resting place. This is in the monestary at Snagov which is located on an islet on Snagov lake. The grave of Vlad Þepeº is said to be there.
You can reach Snagov by bus. The buses run every couple of hours to Snagov and stop in the village. Make sure you wear your walking shoes, because you’ll have to hike a kilometer or so to get to the lake. There you can rent a rowboat to take you to the island, but you’ll have to row yourself. If you want to enter the monastery, you’ll have to be wearing the proper attire, which usually means no shorts for anyone and headscarves required for women.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 87 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 26 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Lensmeister and janetanne are now friends.
- updated a Klagenfurt Travel Page "Klagenfurt - Dad's home town."
- Commented on janetanne's profile page
- Posted in Travel Klagenfurt Forum "Family Room for 2 adults 2..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lensmeister's Virtual Tourist Pages"
updated their Profile Page "Lensmeister's Virtual Tourist Pages"
- Wrote a Review South Londons Green and Pleasent Land in Streatham Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- San Diego Intro, 19 reviews, 11 photos
- Vienna Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Whitby Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- La Jolla Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Pickering Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Encinitas Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Santa Monica Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos