"Monroe - Great Cheese but not Cheesy." Monroe by MatthewMetcalfe
Monroe Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 10 photos
We took a day trip to Monroe, Wisconsin primarily to see the Brewery. Afterwards we stopped by Baumgartner's for Lunch then Brendan's for Cheese.
The center of town is anchored by the town hall which is on the national register of historic places. When we were there, they hall was playing music that you could hear throughout the square. Forget the hustle of the big city. Relax, have a piece of cheese.
It takes a tough cow to make cheese this good and she's just the cow to do it.
There is only one Limburger factory left in the United States. Try it before it disappears just make sure you've got something to wash it down in case it doesn't agree with you.
If you are a limburger fan, go to Baumgartners and get them to make you a Limburger Sandwich for $2.95.
- Pros:Cheese, Beer, relaxed atmosphere.
Located on 7th Avenue in Monroe, the Historic Cheese Making Center sits in the old Railroad station. The Museum covers... more travel advice
MatthewMetcalfe's Related Pages
Monroe Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Monroe
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Monroe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monroe
Photos in MonroeSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- New York City Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Georgia Intro, 12 reviews, 16 photos
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panama City Beach Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- San Antonio Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Dallas Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos