"Jacksonville - Surprisingly Rich for Tourists" Jacksonville by MatthewMetcalfe

Jacksonville Travel Guide: 418 reviews and 914 photos

Jacksonville is located in the north eastern part of Florida about an Hour's drive from the Georgia Border.

Everytime I've heard people talk about Jacksonville, they tend to center on the Crime or the "White Trash" aspects of the City. I've made dozens of trips to the area and I've found that there are actually a lot of great things to see and do in this City.

I recognize that there is a bad part of Jacksonville, but the Downtown area by the river seems to be thriving. The Area from Jacksonville Beach down to Ponte Vedra Beach is loaded loaded with things to do if you are visiting Jacksonville.

Of course, the main reason most people go to Florida is the Beach. This is a shot of Jacksonville Beach. I don't know where all the people were but I know it gets more crowded than this. It was the middle of the afternoon when I shot this photo. Maybe they all had a synchronized lunch together.

Those aren't Sugar Coated Donut Holes on the beach! When you are at the beach, clean up after your dog! It's the Law!

• Pros:Plenty of Stuff to do, Great Seafood!
  • Cons:Traffic on Freeways and the Vast area may make for long Drives.
  • In a nutshell:Great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
  • Last visit to Jacksonville: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 27, 2005

MatthewMetcalfe

“That's just my game...”

Badges & Stats in Jacksonville

Have you been to Jacksonville?