"PARADISE ISLAND" Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados by luke850

Barbados Travel Guide: 1,191 reviews and 2,386 photos

I am going to use this page for my whole Barbados pages. The island is so small that I have visited just about every parish, and it would take an age to do a new page for each area. My father has been working and living in Barbados for the past 18 months and he is currently helping to build up the national airport. I have been to Barbados 3 times since he has been there, totally nearly 3 months, so I have got to know a fair bit about the island. Barbados is such a tiny place, that when I went out on a boat for a diving trip, I could actually see from one side of the island to the next!

BEAUTIFUL LANDSCAPES

Barbados is without a doubt a truly beautiful island. There are clean, sandy beaches, clear waters and some wonderful diving spots. In Barbados you are never far from the sea, some of the views from the island are awe inspiring, its not just the beaches that are beautiful, there are some wondeful views out over the cliffs. The people of Barbados are generally very kind and inviting, tourism is their major source of income, so people who cause trouble for tourists are dealt with severely.

FISH AND RUM

There is much to do on a holiday to Barbados, but if you are there for more than a few weeks, you can run dry of ideas. As I said before, Barbados is incredibly small, so of course there is not a never ending supply of things to do. The fish markets are a real sight, if you are there at the right time you can get a glimpse of huge Marlin fish, or even a Dolphin. The fish they sell at these fish markets is the best i have ever tasted, i couldn't get enough of it and i'm not even a fish person! Rum is a national institution in Barbados, and they drink it everywhere. Mount Gay Rum has been distilled on the island since 1703 and there aren't many places you can't find it.

• Pros:Weather, beaches, people, rum.
  • Cons:Not many!
  • In a nutshell:Beauty all around you.
  • Last visit to Barbados: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated May 23, 2004

• lionreb's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2009 at 5:34 PM

You have given alot of good and useful information. After I take my trip I will let you know how you have helped...

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Useful information. Great photos. Gillybob greetings

• Dec 29, 2007 at 2:08 AM

Arriving Feb 08! Should I bring travellers cheques, us dollars or Barbados dollars

• Feb 23, 2007 at 10:20 AM

great tip thanks for the info.

• 7inMandingo's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 7:47 AM

"Fish and Rum" what a combination dude;personally I'd settled for the fish and beer(Banks ofcourse) ',)

• Oct 27, 2006 at 11:03 PM

The two newspapers are not the Daily Nation and The Sun.They are The Daily Nation and The Advocate

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2006 at 5:42 PM

nice tips, trying to decide if this is my next destination.

• Feb 12, 2006 at 2:37 PM

Sorry, CALSF. Your comment on Barbados's beaches is incorrect. Barbados does not have 365 beaches. You're confusing it with Antigua. Mag

• stiab3's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2005 at 12:15 PM

you're making me homesick! :( s3

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2005 at 4:45 PM

Interesting tips on Barbados. Lucky you having a place to hang out there.

luke850

“Go With The Flow.....”

Badges & Stats in Barbados

Have you been to Barbados?

Latest Activity in Barbados