"Wonderful partytown!" Cologne by Henrik_rrb

Cologne Travel Guide: 1,609 reviews and 4,009 photos

Going away on football trips is good in more than one way. I get to see some football, but sometimes even more important, I also get to see some new cities.

This June the "Fab Four" (thanks Cheryl! :) ) was off to Germany for the Confederations Cup, and spent almost three days in fantastic Cologne.

There are a lot of things to say about this city, but right now I'll just put up some travelouges, and then make the tips later on when I have more time and energy.

Important to say though, is that I really liked Cologne. It was a city that went straight to my heart! The Fishmarkt down at the river, the Dome, the huge stadium, the Kölsch and the great weather!

All fantastic!

Can't wait to get back next summer in time for the World Cup. Will be splendid!

World Cup 2006

So far no tickets for World Cup-games in Cologne, but we sure will try to get some this winter. Want to get back to this stadium!

• Pros:The city, the atmosphere, the weather, the beer
  • Cons:Well, I kind of missed the look of great looking women...?
  • In a nutshell:Coming back!
  • Last visit to Cologne: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 1, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2011 at 2:12 AM

Wow! That Icecream is huge!

• nyc2323's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2006 at 8:23 PM

Loved the ice cream shot! Very Funny! I would have done the same thing and would have been equally pissed to find that most of the dish was yogurt!! :) Hope you make it to NYC. Sweden is definitely on my list.

• Applefool's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2006 at 10:01 AM

Kölsch! Yes, I love that too. Jaz from Singapore, nice to meet you here. ^.^

• peerapa's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2005 at 10:01 AM

Nice shot of The Dome in Cologne by night......I think i'm undrstand how do you feel when climb up urm 509 steps urrr!!!...but view for the top's very view amazing & worthwhile to climb up,right? (~__^)...May

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2005 at 12:19 PM

Great new pics :) Those icecreams looks delicious, sorry you didn't like it!

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2005 at 7:54 PM

Danke! Well, I do love your 'pros' about Cologne so I do need to visit! Love the pics & the Fab 4 sure had fun~~except for 1/4 of the Fab 4 who hated that yogurt! ;) Should've sent it to ME instead... Well, thx. 4 sharing, was really great!

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2005 at 7:10 PM

Sehr Gut ! But where are the pics after 509 steps up the Koln Dome ? ;-))) ... Ahhhh .. after looking at your tlog, I realise how much PAIN I was in after step 509 .. but all worth it for the magnificent view ... :-)))

Henrik_rrb

“There is always a new place to see.”

Badges & Stats in Cologne

Have you been to Cologne?

Latest Activity in Cologne