"Henrik's Saint George's page" Saint George by Henrik_rrb
Saint George Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 120 photos
Grenada's capital is located on the south west side of the island. It as a bit over 4000 inhabitants and is a popular stop for the cruising ships.
We, who took the smaller sailing boat instead of one of the huge cruising ships, started our trip from here. Two days in the bay was perfect, as it gave us time to both explore the city, the island, and get used to both waves and the heat.
From Saint George's they export spices, bananas and rum. Recently also the tourism has become more and more important.
The atmosphere in the city changes a lot depending on where you go . At the market it's very stressful, and for me who was expecting the Caribbean island life as calm and peaceful it became quite of a shock.
It got better when we got away from the market square though, and I would definitely recommened to take a walk along the bay.
The city, as the whole island, is very much up and down. There are uphill slopes that are worse than anything I've seen in Sweden, and you'll be quite tired in your legs after walking around for a while.
Most interesting in the city is maybe the roof less church in the center. I was told that the roof had flew off during one of the huricanes, believe it or not.
- Pros:The friendly atmosphere, the weather
- Cons:The rush at the market
- In a nutshell:Perfect start of the trip!
As already written on my Grenada-page there will be the World Cup in cricket in 2007, and among the venues will Saint... more travel advice
In the middle of the south city center you'll find the church. But not the roof of it. Easily seen from the bay you... more travel advice
Henrik_rrb's Related Pages
Saint George Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Henrik's Saint George's page"
- "Saint George Parish"
- "Saint George"
- "St. George"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint George
- Hotels in Saint George
- Transportation in Saint George
- Restaurants in Saint George
- Shopping in Saint George
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint George
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Saint George?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint George
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 38 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milan Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Göteborg Intro, 56 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florence Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenada Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vaduz Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos