"Henrik's London page" London by Henrik_rrb

London Travel Guide: 24,105 reviews and 52,084 photos

London is a city which I've come to like more and more for every trip there. It's so huge that it never seem to end, either by area or things to do.
Most of my trips here have been for one or another game of football, but in 2011 I was also there for a nice and very romantic trip with my fiancée.

Up to this date I've visited six football stadiums in London (seven if you count the ruins of old Highbury) which I'm afraid is a higher number than the amount of museums I've seen. But I'm getting closer on that number too, as I soon is running out of stadiums to visit.

My first visit here was in 1992 when I was in England for a language- and tennis course. We arrived in central London by bus, and then our teacher pushed us away and said "we'll meet at Hard Rock Café at 4pm.
I'll never understand how I, 14 years old, managed to find my way there. And in time for departure too.

After that there have been a trip to old Wembley (1999), new Wembley (2011), a trip with the family (1995), Champions League game at Stamford Bridge (2008) and a work trip that took me from London to Manchester to Liverpool to Bradford to Coventry and back to London again. In a week.

The british kitchen style has always been up to discussion, but I must say that now it's a very long time since I had anything bad to eat in London.
Might be because I only eat at foreign restaurants...? ;)

Hope you'll enjoy the tips from here.

Lack of photos

I'm afraid that most of my sightseeing I've done in my early years, which means that the photos from then are taken by the old style of camera. Will see if I can manage to scan them some day, but until then you can look at the ones that I've actually taken on the latest trips too, as this one from the British Museum.

• Pros:Plenty to see
  • Cons:Takes too long time from place to place
  • In a nutshell:Better and better!
  • Last visit to London: Nov 2011
  • Intro Updated Jan 16, 2012

• MacLnd's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2007 at 6:48 PM

LOL... oh cut if off!!! :) my pages are still in the kitchen and will be uploaded only when they are al dente!! well, perharps :)... so why dont you go and write something interesting about London? :)

Henrik_rrb

“There is always a new place to see.”

Badges & Stats in London